Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I have cruze 2013 2LT just wondering how to change the speedometer from MPH to KPH
I was able to change the digital one but not the speedometer

thanks

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The speedometer has the speed scales printed on the dial. You would need to change the cluster. In the US, the outer ring is MPH and the inner ring is KPH. In Canada its the opposite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but i need to show the speed on the outer ring as a KPH even if the print is MPH i have done that on my malibu and G6 - thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello and thanks for your reply i just want to reprogram the speedometer from MPH to KMP

·
10,712 Posts
hello and thanks for your reply i just want to reprogram the speedometer from MPH to KMP
Not sure what you mean by reprogramming the printed speedo with needle? You have 2 ways to go about the printed speed, one is swap the motherboards with the Canadian cluster or do as stated below(long and drawn out way)

Let me use my century gauges as an example. I was gonna convert to Canadian spec but decided I didn't want to stare at the small Mph scale and just used the warning cymbals. The gauges usually come in sections. Lens, main housing that has the printed speedo needls and motors to drive the needles and then the mother board that sends the signal for the needles has your odo miles and light the cluster. To change the mph to kph you have to pull the lens, the needles, peel back the entire black transparent printed film, replace it with the Canadian spec one then put the needles back and then power it up to seeing the needles are right and put the lens back on. Anyone know if all the Cruze needles zero out like the 13's do when you start the car?

Gauge Speedometer Auto part Measuring instrument Vehicle Speedometer Auto part Gauge Measuring instrument Tachometer
Electronics Electronic engineering Electronic component Technology Electronic device

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think what the op is referring to is on some gm cars (my equinox for instance) when you change to the metric system the speedo changes with it. For instance if I'm going 60mph and change to metric, the needle jumps to 100. I'm assuming the cruze can't do this.

·
10,712 Posts
I think what the op is referring to is on some gm cars (my equinox for instance) when you change to the metric system the speedo changes with it. For instance if I'm going 60mph and change to metric, the needle jumps to 100. I'm assuming the cruze can't do this.

I seen a few Cadillacs like the STS and CTS do that but they are using luminescent clusters(ones that are all black when the car is off). That makes more sense now of what he is asking.
We can't swap that easily w/o a new cluster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just use the digital speed screen in the center of the dash. I believe you can change from English to metric, correct?

·
10,712 Posts
Just use the digital speed screen in the center of the dash. I believe you can change from English to metric, correct?
Already did that and wanted the actual speedo to do the same. Truthfully I always use digital. The way my seat height is and steering wheel is angled I barely see numbers past 45-50 Mph.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I seen a few Cadillacs like the STS and CTS do that but they are using luminescent clusters(ones that are all black when the car is off). That makes more sense now of what he is asking.
We can't swap that easily w/o a new cluster.

Bummer the cruze can't do that. I love scaring my friends when I set cruise to 75 (so I know I won't start speeding lol) and then change to metric and then when they look back over at the speedo they see it's almost buried. The looks on their faces are hilarious. In the equinox. The speedo is printed, but the actual needle will move. So even though the speed of the vehicle stays the same, as soon as I hit metric, the needle flys up to the speed in kmh. The actual numbers don't change because they're printed. The only indication you're in kmh is that there's a little light in the dash that changes from mph to kph depending...lol.

·
10,712 Posts
Yeah pretty much like this where there is only 1 set of numbers.

I remeber when we had the Km/h clusters in the Ford F-250's, once you reach like 100 you got an overspeed buzzer and light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks au201 that what I want to do I am just wondering if it is possible

·
Registered
156 Posts
If the gauge shows both sets of numbers, there will be no change in functionality. That's my logic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts