Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change my auto transmission fluid on my 2012 Cruze 2LT and I know there is a diy on how to do a flush but what about a simple fluid drain and fill?I was going to get my local chevy dealership to do it but they want to do a wynn's transmission service(flush) instead,but I'd rather not have it flushed due to having 91k miles and possibly some issues currently and I don't want to make them any worse.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's very easy on the 2014 (I assume it's the same for the 2012). I believe it's 2 10mm or 11mm plugs you have to remove, and a twist-off cap on the top of the transmission. I think there are some videos out there that say you have to remove the front driver's side tire to get at the level-check plug, but I did not have to. It will drain about 4 quarts. Just be sure to run the engine and shift back and forth through all the gears a couple times after refilling it. The level should go down again, then you have to just top it off until you see fluid coming out the level-check port.

I agree, I would just do one partial drain-and-refill as opposed to a flush at 91k (especially if you already sense issues). I would repeat that process until you feel an improvement. Then stop at that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts