Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone I am approaching my 6th month of being a Cruze owner and I absolutely love the car. I currently Drive a 2015 Cruze LT and I was wondering if my fuel economy is where it should be and if not what are some things that I need to do in order to get the best gas mileage out of my Vehicle.

20150619_135707.jpg

After my latest Fill up I am currently getting 500 Miles on a full tank of gas MY NEW HIGH! is this good?

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,097 Posts
Read the stickies in our Fuel Economy forum for tips on getting the best out of your car. Also, take a look at our HyperCruzer thread (also a sticky) to see what these cars are capable of.

Assuming 15 gallons (15.6 gallon tank) you're sitting at 33 MPG, which is above average combined for the LT. The EPA numbers are 26 city, 38 highway, 30 combined.

·
Administrator
25,097 Posts
That tells me almost nothing. Need to know how much gas you put in.
Worst case on this tank is 31.25 MPG - assumes filling to the very top of the fill pipe. Most likely case is 35.5 MPG assuming filling as soon as the low fuel warning light comes on. Not the "LOW" range indicator, just the orange light.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
500 mile range indicated is probably around 30mpg or less. In the summer months when I average 38-42mpg(pump calculated), my range typically is at 650 miles or more when I fill up.

Don't forget that range includes the fuel beyond the low fuel warning so if you try to use up all your range you will end up running out of gas.

·
Administrator
25,097 Posts
Check your DIC. It will tell you exactly what your MPG is
and multiply by 0.9. Your MPG will be between the DIC and the DIC * 0.9. Since OP put in 15.6 gallons we know his actual MPG for the tank was 32, assuming his previous fill was also 15.6 gallons.

OP, get yourself a fuelly account and track your gas consumption and miles there. All you really need to enter is the master odometer reading and the number of gallons you enter. Fuelly will also ask you for the total cost of the gas - enter that as well. Without measuring your tank to tank fuel economy you will never know how you're really doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts