Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new to this forum and Cruze! Yet to own one but planning to get it.

may I know how is the ecotec engine block in a 07-09 1.6L Cruze? Does it comes with forged internals like conrods and crankshaft (piston I believe should be cast). Also anyone tried to supercharge it?

The reason is that my country does not have a turbo version of the Cruze. It only comes in 1.6L NA 5 speed manual or auto. Hence, the only way for me to get more power is to supercharge the engine (don't plan to go turbo route as its illegal to turbo/supercharge NA engine in my country). So supercharger is easier to hide and get through inspections...lol

Of course, it may make more sense to simply get a more powerful car but I quite like the Cruze as its quite a nice looking car. I intend to put on some bodykit to make it look like the WTCC version (I just feel it looks really cool!).

Hence, my plan is to do up the engine (perhaps bore up by 1-2mm if possible), add in forged pistons and conrods. Then install a centrifugal supercharger like one from Rotrex. Custom build the bracket and pipes for it. I don't plan to get roots/twinscrew because too much custom work is needed. Boost it up to 1 bar boost and install 3rd party ECU (probably Link ECU).

I tried to google around but it seems that no one has supercharge a Cruze before, I also understand its going to be costly. But I am more concern if its technically possible. If possible, I think I will go for it.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
It only comes in 1.6L NA 5 speed manual or auto. Hence, the only way for me to get more power is to supercharge the engine (don't plan to go turbo route as its illegal to turbo/supercharge NA engine in my country). So supercharger is easier to hide and get through inspections...lol

uhhh huh.. good luck hiding that thing. best option would for you to buy another motor and transmission from a crashed in the rear cruze and when inspection comes once a year just swap your turbo or supercharged 1.5 for the original factory set up. once inspection is passed then swap out the whole assembly and run your turbo or supercharged. this way its easier to get your inspection done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Btw, anyone tried turbo/supercharge the 1.6/1.8L engine? Cause I am wondering whats the max power it can go. Hoping to go for a 300HP build. I wonder if the crankshaft could hold 300HP. I saw forged pistons and conrods for the 1.6L but not 1.8L. I think I have to swap out the tranmission as well.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Mind if I ask what country you are from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.