Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. How many times in the shop is considered excessive for a 2011 Cruze, I'm the second owner, and have owned it one year? Water pump replaced twice, in the shop 6 times for antifreeze fumes in cabin (fumes are still there), in the shop 3 times for various transmission problems - which are still not resolved. It still sticks.

Dealership seems to have amnesia and really sees no problem with the car. They've fixed it every time it's been in. I've now gone to another dealership who was appalled at how it had been repaired by the dealership that sold it to me (electrician's tape...that's all i'm saying).

Why am I paying off a loan on a car that has no business being on the road? Why am I the owner of a car that I've had to have fixed more than all previous cars I've owned...combined? I need help. The dealership who sold me the car told me GM won't 'do' anything because the stuff that's been fixed hasn't been the same thing three or more times. Well let me tell ya - IT HASN'T BEEN FIXED. I have a definite problem with owning a three year old car that's in the shop every month or more.

Please tell me what to do now with this car. I bought it in good faith but I haven't received that back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know that in Colorado there is a lemon law that essentially states you are entitleded to a new vehicle if you have to take it in 4 time in the same calendar year. (Don't quote me on that just off the top of my head.) You may want to look into your local laws and see if there is something similar you could fall under to recivce at least some resolution with.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
IMO, most of your problems have been with the dealership that sold it to you and their poor quality service. Has the other dealership you took it to been any better? Many times, trying a different dealership than one that can't fix problems is the best solution.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
This topic seems to come up from people that generally aren't on the forum but I see that you need some help. The best advice I can give you is very simple. TAKE IT TO A GOOD MECHANIC THAT BACKS UP THERE WORK. You can have the most bullet proof car in the world and have 1 malfunction that can cause several symptoms but if the tech is only able to treat the symptoms and not cure the problem, your issues will always come back.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I was going to say for sure take it to another dealer... Get in touch with GM customer care and let them know about the experience you had with the first dealer, and what is the new dealer doing to fix the mess of the first dealer?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Howdy. How many times in the shop is considered excessive for a 2011 Cruze, I'm the second owner, and have owned it one year? Water pump replaced twice, in the shop 6 times for antifreeze fumes in cabin (fumes are still there), in the shop 3 times for various transmission problems - which are still not resolved. It still sticks.

Dealership seems to have amnesia and really sees no problem with the car. They've fixed it every time it's been in. I've now gone to another dealership who was appalled at how it had been repaired by the dealership that sold it to me (electrician's tape...that's all i'm saying).

Why am I paying off a loan on a car that has no business being on the road? Why am I the owner of a car that I've had to have fixed more than all previous cars I've owned...combined? I need help. The dealership who sold me the car told me GM won't 'do' anything because the stuff that's been fixed hasn't been the same thing three or more times. Well let me tell ya - IT HASN'T BEEN FIXED. I have a definite problem with owning a three year old car that's in the shop every month or more.

Please tell me what to do now with this car. I bought it in good faith but I haven't received that back.
Hey there,

Very sorry to hear of these concerns you seem to be facing with your Cruze. However, I would be happy to look into these concerns for you, and reach out to the dealership. Please send me a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input everyone!! I have looked into the lemon law - here in Iowa it seems to only apply to first owner. I should dig more, though. The second dealership I took it to did fix it - for a time. The fumes came back. I truly feel that the car just has fatal flaws that can't be fixed. It was part of the assembly run at Lordstown OH in 2010 during the time when certain engine components were being assembled wrong, so I have to wonder if that's been the problem all along. The toxic fumes happen during heater use, and the first owner was a rental place in Hawaii. It follows that they wouldn't have had the issue if they didn't need to use the heater/defrost on warm or hot. Well, I live in Iowa. It's already too cold for the school kids to have outside recess. Can't really get by without using the heater.

So anyway, the saga continues. :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
If the fumes are only occurring when you're using the heater I would have your new dealership take a look at PI-0935. This really sounds like the HVAC Duct lubricant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts