Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

How many hose clamps did you find under-tightened on your Diesel intake?

Votes: 7 14.3%

Votes: 12 24.5%

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • All 5

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • None

Votes: 15 30.6%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
730 Posts
I could check, not that it would affect my Cruze at this point anyway. I did the intake modification where I removed a piece of the intake piping closer to the wheel-well. Gives the turbo a bit more un-restricted airflow and gives off a bit of a nicer sound that I feel a diesel should have.

· Premium Member
730 Posts
If you just did the resonator delete, but have the factory intake from the air filter through the turbo inlet, then you would still have these 5 hose clamps and this would still apply for you. If those joints are allowing air to enter after the MAF sensor, then you are getting un-metered air that could be a contributing factor to sensor failures.
Okay. I don't remember seeing that many clamps in that area when I did the modification. I'll have a look tomorrow morning and report back here! Thanks for the heads up.

· Premium Member
730 Posts
I finally got around to doing this after I remembered when I was out rinsing down my car today. My 2014 Diesel had 4 clamps that I could get at least 1-2 full turns out of before they felt snug. The last one I got maybe a quarter turn so I felt that could be adequate. I voted for 4 under tightened clamps. I have around 25,000kms on the clock.

So I suppose I should expect the +10HP gain out of this new modification? /sarcasm

· Premium Member
730 Posts
I have 45,000km on my car that I bought new in 2012 and the clamps have been fine. Apart from the noisy high pressure injectors there really isn't much vibration that I have noticed. Noisier than petrol, yes, but not rougher.
The diesel engine in the North American Diesel Cruze is definitely rougher than the gas version. Not by much, but definitely noticeable. I test drove the gas before I bought my diesel. I notice the difference in feeling mostly in the steering wheel at lower RPMs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.