Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016.5 Cruze with 8000 miles with no issues. Just wondering is anyone has had any serious issues and if we have some high mileage vehicles out there yet. Snap a pic of the mileage to share!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just topped 16k on my 16 Gen 2, no major issues, just aggravating issues, like 2 or 3 recalls, and the transmitter stopped working intermittently. I have seen a couple issues with oil leaking from the oil pan here on the forum

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm at only 3100 miles on my 2017 hatchback w/ manual, took delivery late Nov. I live close to work and often bike to work. I am not much of a traveler. Perhaps I should have gone used, but, the adequate back seat space and hatch were something I wanted. A combination that's not easy to find. Also fuel economy. With the low price of fuel and the low mileage I'm driving, that was not really necessary.

At last, the transmission has loosened up, and I'm used to the big gap between 1-2 and 2-3. Driving it like I've driven four-cylinder cars in the past. Learned to ignore the upshift light, as I did on the 1986 car I owned.

Worried about these reports of #1 piston destroyed due to low-speed preignition. Have heard my car give out unexpected pre-ignition crackles twice so far. Will start filling with premium, at least unless & until there's a programming fix. Condition has occurred when tipping in the throttle after shifting.

I wonder if the computer is just too slow to react sometimes? Maybe the programming all looks good, but processor throughput delays cause problems. I know for the turn signal, odd & slightly annoying skips in the cadence of the 'clicker' make me think the body computer is overwhelmed at times. Maybe the throttle-control routine needs faster communication to the fuel & spark routine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just turned over 19000 miles after 1 year and 1week of ownership. I don't consider the recall a big issue since mine was dry and they fixed it when I went in for an oil change. The annoying issue was the po15b code for lean cylinder 1 that I got twice. They changed the 02 sensor once, and cleaned it the second time. Now the GM engineers told my service manager to have me keep driving it until they develop a different programming for the 2016.5 to keep the o2 sensor from becoming soot covered and inaccurate. (I bet this becomes a recall or tsb soon) Otherwise we love the car-I get about 6-7 mpg better than my 2011 eco automatic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
33293 miles as of this morning on my 2016.5, purchased last July. Two issues so far, oil pan leak that was solved by replacing oil pan, and a clicking/popping noise from the rear of the vehicle. That was fixed by lubricating something in the rear hub/axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2016.5 with 25k and got on Sept. 4 so far I had the 3rd brake light recall and had problem were the radio would lose time and date but they just reprogram and everything has been good. "Knock on wood"

·
Registered
9 Posts
15000 km on mine and all I have had was a knock sensor replaced and had a piece loose on the dash as well as my seat had some loose stitching

·
Registered
296 Posts
15000 km on mine and all I have had was a knock sensor replaced and had a piece loose on the dash as well as my seat had some loose stitching
Please tell more about the knock sensor. To avoid thread-jacking, maybe reply in the thread in this same folder:
[h=3]Cylinder #1 misfire, no loss of power. '[/h]Explanation: We've had a few reports of broken #1 pistons. A few of us have heard the engine crackling with preignition. Any possible clues would be of interest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife has a 2016 with 11,000 on it. Had the recall fixed for the third break light screws backing out n flooding the headliner. That was a catastrophic. They broke the windshield taking it out then the glue they used smelled like dead fish. 5 trips later n it's finally fixed right n no fish smell. Also had oil leak at 6000.
I just bought a 2017 crude manual. Got 47 miles on it so no problems so far ( knock weed)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2017 Cruze that I bought this month. I have 625 miles on it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
3700 miles on a 2017 Diesel 9spd auto. Had the DEF injector break at around 300 miles. Dealer said it was probably over torqued and crack crom factory. Part had been superseded 4 times. Other than that, its my first new car so im baffled by it. Loving the low 30mpg in town and high 50s on the highway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
3700 miles on a 2017 Diesel 9spd auto. Had the DEF injector break at around 300 miles. Dealer said it was probably over torqued and crack crom factory. Part had been superseded 4 times. Other than that, its my first new car so im baffled by it. Loving the low 30mpg in town and high 50s on the highway.
I thought about trading in my 16 Cruze 1.4t for a 17 Cruze 1.6td but after seeing all the maintenance and engine configuration I'll just keep my car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just topped 16k on my 16 Gen 2, no major issues, just aggravating issues, like 2 or 3 recalls, and the transmitter stopped working intermittently. I have seen a couple issues with oil leaking from the oil pan here on the forum
I have the same issue with my key fob. What happened with that issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
12,300 on my 2016.5 LT RS. The passenger side map light button has not had a spring in it since I bought the car. Didn't notice until after I drove off the lot. Dealership won't put one in and said it's not covered in the bumper to bumper warranty.
Turbo rattles very badly on cold start, specifically at 1700-1800 RPM. Once engine temp is stable it stops. Auto stop is jerky a lot of the time.

Not very happy with my purchase, nor the dealership. Stuck in the loan 9,000 upside down if I were to sell it now. Valued at 13,000-14,000 on KBB but loan is still at 23,000 payoff.

My old grand prix threw a rod through the engine block and snapped the starter off and punctured the oil well. Had no cash and was in a tight spot. Dealership was the only place that'd give me a car with no money down and no cash for vehicle taxes.

I regret it. If I could go back I'd rather ride a bike to work 18 miles than be 9,000 upside down on a junk car. Maybe I'm the exception. Maybe everyone else loves their Cruze. Idk.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
2017 Premier Hatch Auto. Nightfall Gray Metallic. Every factory option available. Ive owned 3X Gen 1 Ecos, and this 2017. So far, the 2017 is much more refined than the previous generation. I had a weird transmission shift, anomaly, when the car had about 1,000 miles on it, currently has about 1,900. Merging onto the highway, the car downshifted too many gears, presumably into second gear, at almost highway speeds, and stayed there until I let off the gas, where it corrected itself, and I was on my way. Kind of weird. No other real issues.

Im currently waiting for Jerry to get back to me to get my 3rd tune. I will be getting the GM Exhaust, and Bigger Brakes, as well as the suspension kit.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Family car

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.