Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearest dealer said one hour or about $130. Pretty sure it takes just 5-10 minutes to plug in the programmer and code the BCM, so anybody have it done cheaper? Can independent shops do it?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
If you can find an independent that is tied to the GM satellite system, or Global Connect, they could do the reprogram.......this is highly unlikely though as the subscription fee is quite high.

Have you already installed the fogs?.........and they don't work.......or, are you trying to determine costs in advance?

If not yet installed, you may find no programming is needed......more worked than didn't.

However, if they are installed but inoperative, stop by more than one dealer for a price......an hour is rather extravagant........a half hour fee should be the limit.

Rob

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My 2012 didn't require programming, I pretested it first with a trouble light. Lots on this subject in the tutorial
section, try this one for starters.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/145-...ruze-fog-light-install-warning-lots-pics.html

Have a right angle electric screwdriver so didn't have to remove the bumper. Your light switch is missing the contact block for the fogs, had just about many parts left over before I started, dealer installed items suck. Was able to get an OE kit off of ebay for 130 bucks with free shipping from an auction nobody else bid on. Know how insurance companies work with non-stock.

2013 started this programming BS, to make it just as expensive to DIY rather than pay a dealer. Apparently GM is more concerned about their dealers than paying customers.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2012 eco required no programming for the fogs.

Rob
If you look at the listing for this kit: 95248415 2011 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Complete Fog Lamp Kit | eBay it says under details,

• Vehicles built before March 25, 2013 will need their BCM to be reprogrammed by a dealership.

So you installed a GM kit and it was plug and play on a 2012? I also want to swap in factory cruise control and heated seats which certainly require programming so I could have it done all at once.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
If you look at the listing for this kit: 95248415 2011 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Complete Fog Lamp Kit | eBay it says under details,

• Vehicles built before March 25, 2013 will need their BCM to be reprogrammed by a dealership.

So you installed a GM kit and it was plug and play on a 2012? I also want to swap in factory cruise control and heated seats which certainly require programming so I could have it done all at once.
My 2012 eco was built 2/12......so, well before 3/25/2013 date mentioned.........You are sort of caught up in the install and try type situation.

The cruise control will, without question, require reprogramming though........that reprogram is rather involved since several information transmissions are involved during the process.

If you can get that for under one hour the charge is appropriate......the fog light program is just, get to the page, enable the circuit, and exit.......one hour is more than enough for both if required.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts