Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
There was someone on here who posted theirs a couple weeks ago. Looked a lot better than I expected. I can see some work needing to be done - it's a fiberglass molded part so I'm sure there's going to be a bit of sanding and finishing to get the fit perfect and then a good amount of paint work to get it perfect.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,928 Posts
I wonder if I can order it and just take it to a body shop and have them install it
You have to find a shop that is not a production shop. Usually a muscle car or possibly a corvette shop would take it on. I would make sure whether or not it also requires hood pins. That is another bit of work.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wonder if I can order it and just take it to a body shop and have them install it
Absolutely. Performance shops all across the country do this kind of stuff every day. Just ask around your area or search online for where the "performance" community gets their work done. I'm sure you'll find a place that puts body kits on imports or something like that. That's all you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more thing do your guys think Rain will be an issue for this hood. I’d imagine that Water could sucked straight to the intake.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
One more thing do your guys think Rain will be an issue for this hood. I’d imagine that Water could sucked straight to the intake.
If it’s well designed then no it should have a proper drip tray and design where air gets in and water runs off safely

·
Premium Member
889 Posts

Can anyone who bought this let me know how much of a pain this is? It seems like a lot of work is required for this hood.
Cant remember if on here or another site, but I have seen one of these and it looked really nice when done. Would love to hear how they like it some months later and how it is holding up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t have the tools or know how to do finishing so could I just bolt on the hood and then drive it to a body shop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts