Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much oil from PCV in intake is to much?

14,000 miles and there is quite a bit so much that there is a pool in each of the ribs in the intake after PCV.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have no oil showing.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Excessive oil in intake tubes after the turbo is usually a missing check valve at the port in the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts

14,000 miles and there is quite a bit so much that there is a pool in each of the ribs in the intake after PCV.
Thanks.
I'm confused.......Are you asking about oil accumulated ON the intake or IN the intake?
As I read your question, I interpet it it as ON the intake puddling in the strengthening ribs.

Rob

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm confused.......Are you asking about oil accumulated ON the intake or IN the intake?
As I read your question, I interpet it it as ON the intake puddling in the strengthening ribs.

Rob
Oil IN the intake in the valleys of the Ribs just before the Turbo. Inside Not outside.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Rob
I think he means the rubber bellows, where the crankcase breather dumps in.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the dealer says bellows full of oil is normal for the CTD. Any diesel mechanics have a comment on this? They also said this is how the Turbo gets lubricated!!! I looked at him and asked him to repeat this info. What The Heck!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was speaking to a Diesel Mechanic over the weekend he said everything the dealer said was nonsense and to ask to speak to the diesel mechanic they have and ask one question and for them to check a data point should take 3 mins if he sees a problem then go from there.
So I will be going back to the dealer this week.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The dealer was full of crap when they said that was how the turbo gets lubricated lol, but there definitely is a pretty good amount of oil that makes it into the intake from that pcv valve.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
368 Posts

Thanks.
Hi there, do u have a picture to see how much oil is in there?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't worry to much about oil comming into the turbo cold inlet. There is nothing to lubricate there; that's nonsense. Oil will however accumulate with the time, into the intercooler and that will lower its performance. You may try to drain it from there and see how much it really is. Tunned engines tend to blow more oil into the PCV and for them oil catch can is recommended. Watch your engine oil level btw, if it starts to drop significantly then that's something to worry about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts