Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
If I'm putting on new pads I either turn the rotors or replace them. If I go through the trouble of putting on new brakes I want them to feel new for as long as possible.

My 1LT cruze brakes have lasted me longer than any other car I have owned, have 73,000 miles on my brakes and still feel the same as day one(spongy and lower pedal than I would like). Had a 2014 1LT as a loaner and its brakes seemed even worse than mine and it only had 20,000 on the clock.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Just replaced the rotors, bearing, pads on my '03 S-10 for $28 each. Yes they're made in china but around here not many places turn rotors anymore and for $28 it's not reall worth it. I have 125k on her now and the original rotors were so thin and rusted they needed replacement anyway.
Unless my brakes are constantly pulsing or making noise mine will not get replaced on my cruze. I'm happy they have lasted 73K so far, suspect that's partially due to the amount of speed I coast out when coming to a stop. From 60mph I typically can let off a bit earlier than most and loose 12mph or more before I hit the brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.