Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 Cruze 1.4T which was first sold in August 2011,I have been reading about issues related to the pistons in 2011 built cruzes,would this issue be present in my 2012 MY cruze which was built in 2011?Does the issue only affect tuned cars or completely stock ones as well(I have read different things)I would like some clarification on the issue of whether it effects all 1.4T engines stock or otherwise.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
The pistons were updated, but they never entirely solved the issue throughout the entire production run.

I'd advise just running a good oil and > 87 octane. MOST of them don't have those issues during their lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,326 Posts
I recently purchased a 2012 Cruze 1.4T which was first sold in August 2011,I have been reading about issues related to the pistons in 2011 built cruzes,would this issue be present in my 2012 MY cruze which was built in 2011?Does the issue only affect tuned cars or completely stock ones as well(I have read different things)I would like some clarification on the issue of whether it effects all 1.4T engines stock or otherwise.

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts