Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my coilovers back in tonight, and idk how I did it but I pulled my right axel out of the transmission. Trans fluid leaked every where. So here my question, did I destroy the axel seal doing this?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Odds are the seal is not harmed......re insert the c/v as deep as you can....you should feel a click, like something is engaging (the something being that ring you see circling the stub of the drive axle)

Probably looks like a gallon of oil lost but more likely about a pint....add and check, clean up the mess with brake clean and inspect the seal every day or so for about a week for leakage.

Rob

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
unlikely.... since the shaft is out you can feel for nicks in the seal to confirm how screwed you are. There is a bearing adjacent to the seal that will limit the amount of weight on the actual seal when you pulled it out.

If you did nick the seal, looks like an easy replacement....

Wish you luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't pull it out completely, just enough to spill fluid. The fluid stopped when I pushed it back in. I don't know if it actually clicked. Tomorrow when I go out to do the rear, I'll check it all and see home it looks. I'm buying new fluid and filling it up to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts