Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

how should a mod list really be?

Tags
list mod
2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Cruze CTRL 
#1 ·
What should be the first mod on my planned mod list? Im thinking tune. What would be the correct order to buy the mods if say i did 1 a month.

#6 ·
I tend to agree with Merc on this one. However, I have a 2013 RS 6M and compared to the other 2 tuned Cruzes I had(Eco and LS), the RS has good spunk when using mid-grade or better gasoline. If you are using 87 or whatever the "regular" is, I could see why you feel the need/reason to tune.
First thing I suggest you do is use higher octane gas and see how it runs after a few tanks. I personally am not planning on tuning my RS and I have only had it for @ a month. Your choice. Overall what is you "end result" speed or looks?

#3 ·
Is the tune worth the loss of a warranty with a cruze. Just wondering if the HP and tourque gain is worth it. With my 2014 mustang 5.0 I had to tune and loose the warranty to put a boss 302 intake manifold on. So there was a reason for the race tune. Just trying to weigh the options of a warranty to a tune. Opinion?

#4 ·
Unless you go in with the tune on and they snapshot the ECU and send it off to the engineers the tune is pretty much the least of your worries. The tunes you get from the vendors here are safe to use and hidden from regular dealership scans. I've had my car tuned when the trans went (Manual so the only tune file for that is my right arm and left foot) when I blew a tire and was towed in and when they appraised the car for trade in.

That being said when we say snatch tune off for warranty work it's not to be sneaky but the tune file may mask the issue you went in for and make it harder for them to diagnose the issue.

#7 ·
I haven't yet seen any warranties denied because of a tune, and I've been here over 5 years. I also haven't seen anyone have an issue specifically caused by a good tune either.

Just grab a BNR tune as a start. You will really appreciate the extra power. It is very worth it, and turns the car into a totally different car.

BNR Tune 2011-2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo

There are also other suspension related modifications you can do, but I'd still get the tune first. I ran the car without a tune a few times before I had to pull it into the dealer for service and it was comical how slow the car was by comparison. It's a big difference.