Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This write up is very similar to the stickied thread about adding onto your system without splicing into wires. While I like it, I have one very major change up from it and wanted to share with you all.
I had originally ordered a PAC LOC SOEM-4. It was very cheap and flimsy and I didn't have much confidence in it performing well. Low and behold, it $h!t the bed on me two days ago. So now what to do? I needed to find another way to get RCA outputs from my stock head unit.

Then it dawned on me. The PAC comes with a female to male connector that runs in between your radio and harness. It has 8 wires (4sets) of speaker wire outputs here. So I figured this would be the ideal item to use to add my RCA outputs. I ordered a Rockford fosgate RCA loc on crutchfield. Great little product here. Does the speaker wire to RCA conversion in a product just a hair bigger than a usual RCA cable.

So I grabbed the harness and cable, and 10 minutes later, I'm good to go. Just have to install it now.

I only have pictures of the final product, sorry. But you need to use the grey and white wires from the harness (front left and right). The other two wires (purple and green) can be cut away. These wires are run across the harness, so just cut and tape off the extra hanging wire. Once you solder or crimp on your RCA loc, you're ready. Just run your 16'foot RCA to an amp, and you're bumping along like a king.

If anyone has any questions, let's here em. We are here to help!!

Thanks for reading,
Ben

Cable Wire Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
That's Nice to know ..Welcome

Check into these ...

·
Registered
481 Posts
How would this work for my 2015 rs with the mylink system?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Was introduced to these brand new RCA connectors back in the 40's, had an upright Philco radio and found a 78 rpm phonograph turntable with one of these RCA plugs in it. Got a jack, drilled a hole in the back of the chassis and ran a capacitor to the grid of the first audio amplifier tube. But that wasn't good, still getting static from the AM, so added a SPDT switch for the radio or the phono inputs.

Really became popular with component stereo in the 50's. Still have some pro stuff using that really old 1/4" connector, far superior for connectivity. Jacks have a switch in them that switches over so don't need that extra switch. But now doing this with a 3.5 mm jack.

So what else is new, LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How would this work for my 2015 rs with the mylink system?
I would like to know this too! I have a 2015 RS with mylink, nav, and upgraded pioneer system. Looking to upgrade all my speakers to aftermarket ones, add two amplifiers, and a subwoofer. I'm not very savvy on audio installation and been trying to find a wiring harness, or similar, for this car. I was told by the audio place that I was going to use that they couldn't install all the speakers because they were worried the 2014 harness wouldn't work.

EDIT: I do have a separate thread for this issue in Gen1 Audio & Electronics! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to getting quality sound and a sub! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.