Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick look at what i have done to add rca's to the rear of the oem radio. i only added front rca's rear can be added the same way. i will add more details once i get a chance. but for now i had to cut a small piece of plastic at the back of the dash were the radio sits in the pocket to make room for the rca's only the positive leads on the radio output are used so fir me front left front right and the rca ground gets grounded to the radio chassis do not use the speakers negative leads it will result in a cancellation of the signal solder the positive to the center pin on the rca out Jack then solder a small piece of wire to the rca out ring and strip back wire jack to bare copper then ground to radio chassis hope this helps some people i dont like using Loc's they dirty up the sound in my opinion

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is interesting. Are you certain the circuit you tapped into is Preamp signal & not amplified output? Were you able to verify with a wiring schematic or through your own testing? I like the idea of eliminating the LOC to replicate an aftermarket head unit if possible.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It seems like all he's doing is taking the +/- speaker lead and using just the + and ground. No reason you couldn't build your own "loc" using the same technique. Just be sure to tie the ground to the radio itself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not real familiar with Line Output Converters so forgive my ignorance. Isn't there more to a line output converter. Not sure exactly how one works but I believe it drops the voltage signal level down to replicate a preamp signal. Yes?? No?? Does it make the signal corrupt or lossy in the conversion? Ultimately I would like to see a virgin preamp signal out of the radio to feed my amps. Rich.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It adapts the signal. The details probably would be a long discussion in and of itself. But note that in the premier audio version, they same output from the same chip, feeds the external amplifier. The chip is both a speaker out/line out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts