Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

641 - 660 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Questions about this mod. One mine is an automatic. Will I be able to hear the bov and turbo once the resonator is removed? Two can I put an atmospheric blow off valve without other mods?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Without a intake u wont really hear the turbo bov more and you can put a forge atmospheric blow off but you have to get the car tuned.
Questions about this mod. One mine is an automatic. Will I be able to hear the bov and turbo once the resonator is removed? Two can I put an atmospheric blow off valve without other mods?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 1.4 turbo and I don't have the hose indicated by the red arrow in picture #7, and I cant't find a disconnected hose anywhere in the engine bay, is this normal?

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
I have the 1.4 turbo and I don't have the hose indicated by the red arrow in picture #7, and I cant't find a disconnected hose anywhere in the engine bay, is this normal?
What year? I think much of these write-ups were done with 2011 and 2012. Some things might have changed in later years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think it would be cool if the IAT could be added to the beginning of this post. I went through 28 pages and don't see anything actually pointing to lower IAT's. Someone mentioned changing the angle of the suction to point forward and delete the resonator and just keeping a pipe between the longer intake hose and the intake. I drive a tractor trailer for my job, and so somethings you might not think make a big deal, but both of my trucks I've driven have had cold air auction from the side of the hood and the intake is on top of the valve cover kind looks like your old 80's engines with the intake on top of a carb, but way more complex. If a truck uses intake from
The outside and take it in, and they're all about power when it's needs and economy when it's needed, then I feel like changing that front intake to be a sort of ram air intake would be be beneficial even if it's just a bit, I'm sure on the highway and the drag strip it could boost some numbers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did this mod about a week ago. Drive my gf to work and went up a small hill. Noticed the slight hesitation and slight power loss with the resonator in. After pulling it and getting on the highway, it definitely breathes a lot better after flooring it and having to pass someone on the highway. My gf who doesn't drive a lot, says it feels a lot smoother to accelerate from a stop and feels more like a normal car now with it removed than with it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to weight in on this....I just finished doing this (great write up btw) did it in less than 10 mins!!! I did not remove the box at bottom of wheel well just the duct.... mine is a 2014 for future slice and dicers heres whats up thus far....newer models I don't think have that extra small black hose...its very easy to do, you can even pull the plastic pins out without breaking anything...things Ive noticed...
yes I can hear the turbo more but its nothing like your hear with big mods...that little cherpy bird is a little louder is all...and you don't notice the BOV...you do realize just how dinky the turbo is (not a cut down)...ill let you know later on MPG....the throttle response n pep....ull def notice....DEF!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ive always thought of doing ram air but havent really came up to actually doing it. I would go with something along how the 5.0 mustangs in the early 90s had the lower cold air scoop.

·
10,705 Posts
Ive always thought of doing ram air but havent really came up to actually doing it. I would go with something along how the 5.0 mustangs in the early 90s had the lower cold air scoop.
There is a ram air hood but not sure how functional it is with stock airbox. The factory skittle SRT4 hood scoop blew air onto the external side of the turbine but there was also a passage that lead to but stopped over the stock airbox. They would cut a circle in the hood and the top of the airbox and got some ram air that way. Trying to remember what member deleted their passenger fog light and was running tubing from it to the intake from there to make "ram air".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did this when I got home from work today in 10 minutes. I did disconnect the MAF and reconnected it after I pulled the resonator tube out. Fans immediately went full blast. Shut car off and started again no issues. I did notice the air box has a lil wiggle to it and is probably the source of the slight vibration I get under acceleration, nothing some insulating foam can't fix. as far as throttle response-Holy Crap. It is clearly night and day. Much better and I also found I don't need to press the accelerator as far to get moving reach speed, gets there much quicker. I can hear the turbo spooling up and just barely make out the BOV under a light accel pulling out of driveway. On a good pull getting on the highway the turbo has a nice whine to it starting at 5K and up.

I will be taking a road trip to York, Pa from Cleveland, Oh this Saturday and will monitor some pids and MPG. I would like to assume that this will help fuel mileage considering the issue before with the amount of fuel being dumped into the cylinders but the air not being readily available. I'm pretty sure that problem is solved...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this to my 2014 1.4 turbo Cruze and now when I press on the brakes it squeaks. Is this normal? Did I not connect something all the way? What else could it be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just did this and picked up about 1mpg average. Air filter with 70K miles on it being replaced was worth another 1mpg. Average of 160 miles on two days same route similar weather conditions and average speed.

·
10,705 Posts
I did this to my 2014 1.4 turbo Cruze and now when I press on the brakes it squeaks. Is this normal? Did I not connect something all the way? What else could it be?
How many miles are on your car? At about 50K, my pads were shot. That's my only guess since the braking system is totally not on that side of the engine bay.

Can i do this on my 2911,1.6L ,cruze LS?
If you mean 2011, yes.

·
2,168 Posts
Are there any concerns of water getting to the air filter? Looks like it'll draw air directly from the fender well and the pictures on the first page show dried water/dirt in that area.

·
10,705 Posts
Are there any concerns of water getting to the air filter? Looks like it'll draw air directly from the fender well and the pictures on the first page show dried water/dirt in that area.
I left the resonator in the fender but deleted the snorkel. No issues here and I even had extra holes at the bottom of the air box. Same time I don't ford any rivers or roads that I can't see the curb or bottom of the fire hydrants. Most my water issues stem with whatever sensor causes low oil warning chimes.

·
2,168 Posts
I left the resonator in the fender but deleted the snorkel. No issues here and I even had extra holes at the bottom of the air box. Same time I don't ford any rivers or roads that I can't see the curb or bottom of the fire hydrants. Most my water issues stem with whatever sensor causes low oil warning chimes.
I'm considering doing this, because I want more turbo music. But I'm not a big fan of is how loose and unsupported the air box becomes afterwards as demonstrated at around 3:45 in the video I've posted below. Is there an easy way to make it more secure so it's not so loose?

·
10,705 Posts
I'm considering doing this, because I want more turbo music. But I'm not a big fan of is how loose and unsupported the air box becomes afterwards as demonstrated at around 3:45 in the video I've posted below. Is there an easy way to make it more secure so it's not so loose?

Photobucket hates me so I can't just post a pic. Will try and do it w/o a whole paragraph. When I replaced the zip tube with hard pipe the rattle was worse. What I ended up doing is adding foam to the entire bottom of the air box that would come in contact with anything.

This is what I used here, but from Home Depot.

http://www.essentialhardware.com/thermwell-products-r338h-rubber-foam-tape-black-229379.html?utm_campaign=google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KEQjwqMHABRDVl6_hqKGDyNIBEiQAN-O9hESTJLl7iS9-dgokYhKJr07rm0OKR8wKFjBoL0gATFAaAiMt8P8HAQ

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own chevrolet cruze LS 1.6L , model:2011,driven km: 92000km
I have a few questions:
Bypassed my intake resonator about 1 week ago.

1. Is there any concern about water getting in air hole since it's open now?

2.My fuel consumption when from 7.5L\ per100 km to 7.8L per 100 km after 1 week . is that normal? Or is this caused cause i used STD fuel additiv?

3.I dont have this hose market with red arrow, is that a problem?
IMG_20120226_170328.jpg

641 - 660 of 685 Posts