Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 Cruze lt turbo and I'm needing a tutorial on how to change the trans cooler lines any help

·
2,170 Posts
I'm not much help, I have the manual trans. I didn't even know there was a transmission cooler on the 1.4T auto.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That linked thread was actually mine. I was able to reattach the steel cooler line to the top of the radiator. This winter I had the rubber coolant lines actually leaking. Because of the cold temperature I had a shop take care of this work.

The cooler lines out of the transmission run to a thermostatic valve that's located near the bottom of the radiator. The shop pulled the battery, battery tray, and the transmission support in order to replace the line that connects to the drivers side of the transmission.

That's what he told me he removed. I think he also removed the bottom bumper facia, and possibly the drivers side wheel well liner. I see a broken clip there.

It was $325 for parts and labor to do both of the lines. I think they come out together rather than trying to remove just one of those lines. I was thinking of trying to do this myself removing just one of the leaking lines. The one that went to the top of the trans.

After the owner of the shop looked at it, he said the labor was the same for one line, as it would be for both, the only difference being the parts. Therefore I had him replace the line that goes under the transmission support, behind the wheel liner to the side of the transmission.

You can see the connector in the wheel well with the drivers side wheel removed. However, I guess you can't snake the new line in without removing the battery and transmission support.

Good Luck-

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Are your lines leaking to the point you're getting a oil spot on you're driveway or are they just seeping? Seeping is hard to prevent in climates where it gets cold due to the rubber shrinking. Been here with a van I owned and seeping just came back after a few years. I'd say leave it unless you have a notable leak.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My lines started out seeping for close to two years. The eventually will leak, and once they start to drip, they do so at all temperatures. Some knowledgeable people on this forum have mentioned that these are part of the powertrain warranty. I wish I would have investigated this a little harder before the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain was up.

You may have to call several dealers, as it's not directly part of the "hard parts" of the engine or transmission, but could be covered under the gaskets and seals argument.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dude...Why are you spamming dead threads with your videos all over the forum?
I make how to videos as a hobby about fixing my car, i have used Cruze Talk to pick up on information I couldn’t find elsewhere. Decided to make a account and post my past videos to Cruze Talk, the threds might be old but there what pop up with a simple google search. A lot of people still use this information, but they don’t waist their time making a account. Im only trying to help other Cruze owners, maybe get a few more views on my videos, but I don’t have adds on my channel so i dont recive any money. Just enjoy posting videos. I guess i did post a lot on here in a short time so im sorry if it blew up your notifications!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.