Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I drive a 2011 Cruze ECO with 65k miles on it and it has been an absolute joy to drive this car. But today morning the remote won't work as the battery was completely drained. I got a jump start and the car started right away and has been perfect since then except for my Instrument cluster display not working. The digital display is dead, the indicators work but no sound or blinkers on the dash when i turn them on and the low fuel indicator is ON even though there is still half a tank. All the gauges are working fine (speedometer, temp, fuel) just the display is dead.

I went to the Chevy dealership and they said that the Instrument Cluster needs to be replaced. they couldn't give an explanation as to why it failed but told me that the systems are working and they are able to see the information when they connect to computer just that the cluster won't power on again. The estimate they provided was around $500 to replace it.

Any suggestions on what to do? Can i try replacing it on my own by ordering the part from GM (it costs $215 including shipping) or will it need to be re-programmed leading me back to dealership.
P.S. I a, familiar with cars and understand the working but haven't really done any work on my car ever.

·
10,713 Posts
Gauges would need to be reprogramed by dealership. Older GM cars like 01 and below you could get away with this if it was the same year or 1 below or above depending on the minor changes in the model years.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey everyone,

I drive a 2011 Cruze ECO with 65k miles on it and it has been an absolute joy to drive this car. But today morning the remote won't work as the battery was completely drained. I got a jump start and the car started right away and has been perfect since then except for my Instrument cluster display not working. The digital display is dead, the indicators work but no sound or blinkers on the dash when i turn them on and the low fuel indicator is ON even though there is still half a tank. All the gauges are working fine (speedometer, temp, fuel) just the display is dead.

I went to the Chevy dealership and they said that the Instrument Cluster needs to be replaced. they couldn't give an explanation as to why it failed but told me that the systems are working and they are able to see the information when they connect to computer just that the cluster won't power on again. The estimate they provided was around $500 to replace it.

Any suggestions on what to do? Can i try replacing it on my own by ordering the part from GM (it costs $215 including shipping) or will it need to be re-programmed leading me back to dealership.
P.S. I a, familiar with cars and understand the working but haven't really done any work on my car ever.

Hey Sam,

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this, and getting in contact with the dealership. I would be happy to contact them on your behalf. Please be sure to reach out to me in a private message!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Hey Sam,

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this, and getting in contact with the dealership. I would be happy to contact them on your behalf. Please be sure to reach out to me in a private message!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Patsy, even though I bet you'd make an epic green eggs and ham, I would not make them for Sam-he-is if I were you. I hear he does not like them here or there, in a house with a mouse, in a box with a fox, or on a boat with a goat. However, if he sends you his VIN, he could like them in his car with enough persuasion!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts