Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Cruze LS 6 speed manual and have added the steering wheel with the buttons for cruise and audio. I have the cruise working, but wondering if anyone knows if there's a way of connecting the audio buttons.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you install yourself the new steering wheel?

do you have a part number for the steering wheel?, I have the LS model too automatic and i really want to install the cruise control could you give me some info on how you did it?

Thanks

I have a 2011 Cruze LS 6 speed manual and have added the steering wheel with the buttons for cruise and audio. I have the cruise working, but wondering if anyone knows if there's a way of connecting the audio buttons.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
On the ECO, all that is needed is the steering wheel and a reflash of the BCM. I think I need to call a dealership and ask if they are willing to do this for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the ECO, all that is needed is the steering wheel and a reflash of the BCM. I think I need to call a dealership and ask if they are willing to do this for me.
I went to the dealership today and asked about it and basically they have to call up Techline and get a VCI and then reprogram the BCM. The call to Techline is $50 and the cost to reprogram the BCM is one hour of shop labour. At my dealer that's $119.00 plus taxes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the dealership today and asked about it and basically they have to call up Techline and get a VCI and then reprogram the BCM. The call to Techline is $50 and the cost to reprogram the BCM is one hour of shop labour. At my dealer that's $119.00 plus taxes.
I brought my car in yesterday to get it done and when they called Techline, they were told that the option wasn't supported on my model. So if you have a LS don't bother getting the steering wheel with the audio buttons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I brought my car in yesterday to get it done and when they called Techline, they were told that the option wasn't supported on my model. So if you have a LS don't bother getting the steering wheel with the audio buttons.
You and I have the opposite working, I got the radio control working not the cruise control, you got the cruise control working but the radio control. I'm sure there's an explanation and a workable solution. :th_coolio:

·
Registered
7 Posts
You and I have the opposite working, I got the radio control working not the cruise control, you got the cruise control working but the radio control. I'm sure there's an explanation and a workable solution. :th_coolio:
Hi, did you just add the audio controls and was it plug and play. thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've seen a few new '12 LS with connectivity (at least here in Canada); so I'd assume now it's just a fact to get the BCM enabled..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts