Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Heck no, I don't mind. That was the whole point! I know many of the new Cruze owners have not gotten a chance to look under her skirt yet so I thought I'd help a little bit. It is easy when you know how!

And If someone has something they would like to add, let me know. If I can add it to the current ppt file I will. If it needs new pics and descriptions I will put them in too. It is open source as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent post TSU! Thanks a lot, much easy when you follow somebody who did it! I am surprise to see the drain pug is not magnetic! Or it is?
It didnt seem to be. I did not notice any magnetic tension on the plug when removing it from the socket. However, my hands were pretty darn cold and I couldnt feel much.
Some of the pics are a little blurry. Probably from my hands shivering and the fact that I was just using my phone. I got it done though, for my Cruze friends!

· Registered
235 Posts
Oil change Monitor - reset

Chapter 10, Page 12. Oil Life % monitor reset directions are located here in the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze owners manual. If your owners manual is in the glove box, remember you can read the manual page by page at the Chevrolet.com web site, under the "Owners" column.

· Registered
11 Posts
I just did my first oil change at 2,816 miles using OP's instructions and pictures - it worked perfectly. The hardest part was buying the 24 mm socket and the proper extension, since it wasn't part of my toolset. I do recommend that you use a funnel when draining the oil, - it rushed out really fast, and the funnel saved my panel from getting drenched.

Thank you TSURacing!!!! You rock!!

1 - 20 of 305 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.