Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Materials Needed:
-Windex or a paint friendly solvent. ( I used Windex and it worked perfectly for me)
-Dental floss (get the good stuff) OR fishing wire
-a gentle cloth
-wax or polish ( last step )

Steps....(for the cruze emblem)
#1. Spray some windex behind the emblem.
#2. Give the solvent about 30 seconds to start chipping away at the glue or tape to hold on the emblem.
#3. gently start with the dental floss (highly recommended) and slowly go back and forth with the floss.
#4. after you have completely taken the emblems off with the floss spray the remainning glue with a little bit of windex or solvent and give it a wipe.
#5. Carefully take some access glue with your fingers (BE CAREFUL...YOU DONT WANT TO SCRATCH YOUR PAINT NOW)
#6.after completely taking off the emblems give the surface a wax job. then obviously wipe the surface with a gentle cloth.

FOR THE CHEVY EMBLEM....
As seen in the pictures ive taken off the inner liner out of the trunk so i could get to the emblem from the inside. Take off all the screws that old the "carpet" protector (in your trunk space). Then take off the plastic cover that goes over your lock for your trunk and also take off the handle in the trunk. After these steps our complete you can now take off the chevy emblem. I squeezed the inner pins on the chevy symbol from inside the trunk with a set of needle nose pliers. Then I followed the windex and dental floss steps as i did for the cruze emblems.

P.S. I am not finished with the back yet, i am putting on the rs logo at the top left side of the car (where the temporary "r" is) By tommorow I will post new pics of the rs logo!

Thanks for your time, any questions please feel free to ask!

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the letter "R" off for the record. I will show you final pics when the RS (that ive recently ordered from grafxwerks.com) is badged to the car. Plus the bowtie overlays are coming soon! Pics are on the way!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HELP!!!
Does anyone know where i could find a "plug" type of thing for the back of my car. When i took off the chevy emblem(on the backside of my car) the emblem left a hole through my trunk. Its not a perfect circle, more like a line shape and im just curious if they sell anything like this, If not i'll have to craft something up lol!
thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes for sure I will, I will upload them as soon as im finished work. Dave, I will send you a notification email to let you know when i post them,, thanks for your time hopefully you can help me with that lol

could you show a close up of the holes on the outside

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As ive seen before, someone removed the chevy symbol off of a malibu and the emblem left a perfeect circle so the guy just plugged it with a circular cap. This situation, the cruze has a "line-hole" (if that even makes sense) i will take pictures ASAP!
thanks guys,

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
There is no need whatsoever to to remove the trunk liner carpet or squeeze the pins with pliers to remove the chevy bowtie on the trunk lid. It will pull off very easy just like the rest of the badges. The post you made is going to confuse people and cause them to waste time and do unnecessary steps to remove the badge.

If you would have done a little reading on here instead of making 20 postings asking people about a intake that hasn't even come out yet, you would know about the slot hole in the trunk lid under the badge. I have personally posted about it a couple times and so have others.

Why did you remove the badge in the first place if you plan on adding a overlay to it and plan to keep it on the car?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anything you use to cover up the hole will look cheesie.

The best option is to have the hole welded up and painted. Not cheap but custom rarely is.

Or perhaps a different emblem...

P.S. Don't even think about the Yenko emblem!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the overlay for the front, and took off the emblem to install another one. It was easier to do this for me + i had to change some lighting around in the car. I plan on adding another emblem so basically im showing people the easier way to re-add another badge,if they are going to take off the back chevy emblem but ya whatever you say "skills".

There is no need whatsoever to to remove the trunk liner carpet or squeeze the pins with pliers to remove the chevy bowtie on the trunk lid. It will pull off very easy just like the rest of the badges. The post you made is going to confuse people and cause them to waste time and do unnecessary steps to remove the badge.

If you would have done a little reading on here instead of making 20 postings asking people about a intake that hasn't even come out yet, you would know about the slot hole in the trunk lid under the badge. I have personally posted about it a couple times and so have others.

Why did you remove the badge in the first place if you plan on adding a overlay to it and plan to keep it on the car?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I bought the overlay for the front, and took off the emblem to install another one. It was easier to do this for me + i had to change some lighting around in the car. I plan on adding another emblem so basically im showing people the easier way to re-add another badge,if they are going to take off the back chevy emblem but ya whatever you say "skills".
My main point is, there is no reason for anyone to have to remove the trunk liner and use pliers on the badge. Thats going to confuse people and waste their time. The prongs of the back of the badge do not hold it on in any way, they are only for alingment when the badge is installed at the factory.

You can do whatever you want to your car, its really none of my concern at all. But when you start trying to instruct others on the forum with incorrect instructions, i felt the need to set things straight.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anything you use to cover up the hole will look cheesie.

The best option is to have the hole welded up and painted. Not cheap but custom rarely is.

Or perhaps a different emblem...

P.S. Don't even think about the Yenko emblem!
Why not? I have an extra one in my toolbox.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WD-40 and a hair dryer works great also, spray the emblems with the WD-40 to loosen up the adhesive and heat up with the hair dryer and the emblems pull right off, the WD-40 will also remove the leftover adhesive and NO it will not harm the paint ;)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres a pciture of the hole in the back (where the chevy symbol used to be) I just put rubber tape where the hole is for now so no water gets inside, however, im planning on ordereing custom emblems for the cruze if i can find an affordable way to close the hole up..
hope u could help! thanks,

could you show a close up of the holes on the outside

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no im putting a smaller chevy emblem (either chrome or black) if i get chrome i want to wrap the back "RS" lip in carbon fiber/wrap....any color suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I just debadged the RS emblems and moved them to the front and back (pics in the picture section :)). Used the dental floss and windex technique and it works well! No paint or clear was sacrificed. Wiped off like they were never there..Good write.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: NuJerz2001

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
What is that? The pic is too small.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts