Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously paired both my cell phone and my wife's cell phone in my 2012 Cruze. My wife got a new phone, and I inherited her old one. I deleted all the pairings in my Cruze, and wiped/reset my wife's old phone (an iPhone 3GS), set it up as mine, with a new SIM card, and gave it a new name in iTunes ("Andy's iPhone").

Unfortunately, when I pair what is now my phone in my Cruze, the dash display continues to display "Jeannie's iPhone", which is what that phone used to be called before I wiped it. How do I clear this setting in the car so it will pull in the current, correct name of the phone?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

·
Banned
10,296 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I had done that but it didn't work. Sorry, I re-read my post and it wasn't very clear--I had deleted the old pairing, then re-paired the phone, and yet the old name for the phone was displaying in the car--even though the phone itself had been wiped and given a new name.

However, I called Onstar tonight and they put me in touch with someone at GM Infotainment, and the guy there added one piece that solved the problem:

After deleting the old pairings, shut the car off and leave it alone for a few minutes so the memory can clear. Then restart the car and pair the phone in the usual manner. This worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Yep, I had done that but it didn't work. Sorry, I re-read my post and it wasn't very clear--I had deleted the old pairing, then re-paired the phone, and yet the old name for the phone was displaying in the car--even though the phone itself had been wiped and given a new name.

However, I called Onstar tonight and they put me in touch with someone at GM Infotainment, and the guy there added one piece that solved the problem:

After deleting the old pairings, shut the car off and leave it alone for a few minutes so the memory can clear. Then restart the car and pair the phone in the usual manner. This worked perfectly.
Power cycle the car - gotta love it.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Considering how you can simply turn the car on with a simple flick of the key... liken to the push button on a computer or laptop it does not surprise me that it would need to be power cycled to get it to retain (in this case forget) the existing configuration. :eusa_clap:

Thanks for sharing & then coming back to follow up on what you found out... something not in the OM. :th_dblthumb2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.