Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

First of all I would like to introduce myself, since I am new at this forum, I am from Brazil and have a Cruze Hatchback LTZ (Our Premier is LTZ and our hatchback version is called Sport6) that comes from Argentina.

I am having a very disturbing noise coming from the interior overhead, even when I close the door I hear this little noise everytime, so running on some bad asphalt I can hear this noise on the right side of my head at the top, I did several simulations and I could isolate the noise there, if I push that interior overhead the noise disapears, its very little but it bothers me, something is loose in there for sure, I also want to add that my version comes with sunroof.

Below there is a footage that I put at Vimeo because I am member of our brazilian Cruze club (Fóruns - Clube do Cruze).

https://vimeo.com/226644294

I am talking in portuguese but you guys can here the noise, I am closing the doors of the car, so if you guys listen well you will notice.

My question to you guys would be : How can I open this plastic cover in order to see what is wrong, I didnt find any screws.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

I had a real hard time hearing the noise - too much other going on. Is it a rattle when you close the door?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Blasirl, exactly...Its this a rattle.

Any ideas on how to detach that part in order to try to find this issue?

I will do a post in that part of the forum according your advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty simple.... did not watch your video though as it didn?t load for me

Get a flat head screwdriver and push it into the small opening on the left hand side. Push it in and when it?s in angle it to the right and push. The whole lighting assembly should just pop right out. I will add pics tomorrow if you can?t get it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty simple.... did not watch your video though as it didn?t load for me

Get a flat head screwdriver and push it into the small opening on the left hand side. Push it in and when it?s in angle it to the right and push. The whole lighting assembly should just pop right out. I will add pics tomorrow if you can?t get it
Hello imwoody, very good I am looking forward to see your photos if possible on how to do that, I am afraid to break or scratch.

Btw, my video was posted on Vimeo, its not loading for you at all? https://vimeo.com/226644294

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Guys I could detach the head lamps but I want to know how to remove the whole plastic cover of the onstart, I believe the noise/rattle is coming from here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Guys I could detach the head lamps but I want to know how to remove the whole plastic cover of the onstart, I believe the noise/rattle is coming from here.
What I did was remove the screws that hold the clips for the end of sun visors. Then I popped off the cover for the rear view mirror mount. Then just grabbed the front of the head liner and pulled down, which released the overhead console. The console is just held with push clips.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
What I did was remove the screws that hold the clips for the end of sun visors. Then I popped off the cover for the rear view mirror mount. Then just grabbed the front of the head liner and pulled down, which released the overhead console. The console is just held with push clips.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about near the door, did you find the culprit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts