Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is copied from my other thread I figured I would paste it here for easy reference since it was on page 2 of that thread.

Here is the how to on the light covers

Tools required:
Pocket sized screwdriver or interior molding tool.

First push the tool into the crease on rear most side of the lens,

And gently pry the lens down and repeat on the other side,

Then find the long thin tabs and gently pry those down,

Once both of those are released gently pull the lens off,

That is a close up of the tabs that hold it on be gentle,

Remove the bulbs and replace them with the LEDs.

Remember LEDs are polarity directional if they don't work flip them over

the process is the same for the rear dome light.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any problems or suggestions? I'm assuming this is the same process for the older cruzes?
the only to things to remember to be gentle it doesn't take much to snap the tabs off and test them before putting the cover back on. I haven't had to do an gen 1 yet but my wife's Malibu was similar

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I haven't had to do an gen 1 yet but my wife's Malibu was similar
I've done my Gen1, and the pics look identical. The only difference I can see the placement of the OnStar buttons which makes no difference.

One thing I will mention - you may find the LED "dims" differently. The one I had would dim slightly then go out abruptly rather than do a smooth fade. So I ended up using a Silver Star regular bulb for the front dome. I have warm LEDs for all the other positions. The color between the two is excellent, and it's still cooler than stock.

While I like the cool LED for license plate and backup lights, I'm not real keen on the "cold" look it gives to my interior.

Reactions: Greggul8r

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While I like the cool LED for license plate and backup lights, I'm not real keen on the "cold" look it gives to my interior.
My wife has these same style for her plate (gen 2 comes with a led for the plate) we both have projector style for reverse lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts