Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh yah, thats totally worth it. Is it strong enough to support stuff on top of it without bowing at all?
Ya, I had about 60 pounds worth of tools on it once, didn't do anything to it at all.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I am definitely going to order that. I wish it came with the car too!

·
Registered
277 Posts
So in that diagram, you just need #11 (storage cover TRUNK COMPARTMENT, w/tire inflator pkg)?

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
This is for the 2011 ECO. Does anyone know if it works for the 2012 ECO? There isn't a part listed for the 2012.

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
I stopped by my dealership today. Turns out the part number is the same. I ordered from my dealer and it was only about $10 more than ordering on-line. Thanks to all who pointed out the part on gmparts.com.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I ordered it from www.gmpartsdirect.com part#95217750 and yes it it the same number! I installed it in less than 3 minutes and boy am I happy!

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
The question of cover strength has come up a couple of times. I'm happy to report that my cover handled 185 lbs yesterday with no problems. Anyone besides my car nut neighbor look under the cover yet? There is a hook that you can pull out and snag one of the holes in the top of the trunk to hold the cover up while you're loading the tire bay underneath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are handy with tools just make a cover. I made a pattern first using cardboard and traced it on to fiberboard. I then cut it to size with a table saw and cut the corners with a jig saw. I put a small finger hole near the rear center for lifting the cover to get to the storage underneath. After that just use a piece of black felt or thin carpet to cover the cover and trunk area if you want.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Just wondering has anyone with an eco(without spare) just bought the normal cruze trunk floor? seems its would make a nice flat one piece floor. I have a 1LT & the normal flat floor with carpet is only like a pound(if that). Seems GM engineered a new floor & cover for cars without the spare for no reason if you ask me(no real weight savings). The tire inflator would fit just fine below the flat trunk floor like the spare, nice & hid out of the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is their different options on the Eco, when it comes to having a spare? I purchased one recently and it has a regular trunk liner with the spare and jack under it. Just curious.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i just picked up the cover from my dealer, it fits perfect. just pulled those little plastic covers they had there in the trunk covering the holes that the cover slides in to and stuck the cover in my trunk, i think it took longer to open the box and pull the part out than it did to install it..

it looks really nice and will come in quite handy. cost me a little over 50 bucks but i think its worth it. plus i got it now instead of waiting to order it, would have been like 5 or 10 bucks less to order the part after i paid for shipping..

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I just bought (ordered) a '12 ECO MT. The spare tire is an added cost option, but it is available with the manual transmission.
Boy how.things change. Back in December 2011 when I bought my 2012 Cruze Eco 6mt I couldnt get the spare.

Sent from my DROID3

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Well, the salesman told me I could have it as we were scrolling through the available options on the system...

One thing I didn't think of is my car is Canadian, it's possible the options are packaged differently here.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up my 2012 Eco MT ast week and ordered the spare too. I'm not sure it comes with a jack though, or where it will go when it I get it (yes, in the truck, but doubt there is a "place" for it). If anyone else has done this, let me know (does it fit in the well?)...and thanks for the info on the cover...ordering it today!

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
I have a cover for sale $20. Still in good shape and clean. I have the parts for a spare tire on order.

·
Administrator
25,382 Posts
I just picked up my 2012 Eco MT ast week and ordered the spare too. I'm not sure it comes with a jack though, or where it will go when it I get it (yes, in the truck, but doubt there is a "place" for it). If anyone else has done this, let me know (does it fit in the well?)...and thanks for the info on the cover...ordering it today!
Once I have everything together I'll post all the parts with GM Part numbers and instructions for installation.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts