Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty straight forward. There's 3 Torx bolts(T27) that hold the stock BPV in. Just unbolt them, unclamp the vacuum line with some pliers and swap them out. Easy peasy. I've included some photos, but everything pretty much speaks for itself. It's a tight fit for tools. That's the only thing, but easy if done right. You need a standard ratchet and some extensions. Hold the ratchet itself under the intake. That'll give you room for it to turn. Then just use an extension to get you to the T27 torx screws. Use a standard set of pliers for the clamp on the vacuum line. Unbolt the stock part, THEN unclamp the vacuum line. Same thing in reverse. Clamp the line on the new valve while its loose. Then bolt it up. This whole process will literally take you less than 10 minutes. You just have to find the room for the tools. Ratchet under the intake with a 1/4" extension and T27 at the end. You'll be good to go.

The 1/4" is better than using a 3/8" extension. You have to go between vacuum/electrical lines and more. Theres not a lot of room to squeeze through. Go buy a 6" 1/4" extension. A 3/8" may work, but I wouldnt recommend it, with the limited gaps between things.

I personally used in this order(under the intake pipe), : 3/8 ratchet>1/4 reducer>1/4 extension(6"-ish)>T27 torx bit.

PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. I'LL BE GLAD TO HELP!

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Car

Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Pipe

Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Pipe

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

Electronics Technology Auto part

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
good write up.... how did you keep that area SO CLEAN mine has looks like ****....TAHKN YOU NYC SALT

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sound of the atmospheric is real clean sounding. Its not super loud. Very smooth.

Its super clean because I only have 2k miles on the car :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quick question, the atmospheric valve can only be used with a tube correct?? Or else it will throw codes?? Anybody use the forge recirculating valve??? Difference in sound??

·
10,712 Posts
thats nice! how does it run with it ive heard complaints of rough idle and rich conditions with bov compared to stock bpv
Tune is needed with the atmospheric one, w/o it the car will eventually not like it.

Quick question, the atmospheric valve can only be used with a tube correct?? Or else it will throw codes?? Anybody use the forge recirculating valve??? Difference in sound??
Tune is needed with the atmospheric one, w/o it the car will eventually not like it. Recirc will not need a tune and IIRC not make a "sound" unless you got an aftermarket intake or did a resonator bypass and have sensitive tuned ears.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a K&N SRI... It's plenty loud inside the car. Wonder what it sounds like outside lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bad News Racing

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
What is a "BOV/BPV" unit and what does it do? I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco, will this thing improve performance? or gas mileage? or what? Thanks in advance.
Turbo compresses air into the engine giving it the advantage of a larger engine in a smaller package. When the throttle body slams shut, that compressed air has to go somewhere. You already have a BPV(ByPass Valve) but the forge holds in more pressure while throttle body is open. When the throttle closes that air is bypassed thought this BPV back into the intake air to be recycled. When you recycle the car is happy and you don't need a tune for it.

BOV(Blow Off Valve) doesn't recycle the air and vents it into the atmosphere. The car meters how much air is coming in before its compressed and sends the right amount of fuel to the engine. When you let the air go into the atmosphere the wrong amount of fuel is sent to the engine. W/o a tune the car thinks you have a vacuum leak.

MPG is questionable as having a tune. When you get a new toy, you may abuse it a bit in the initial ownership. Tune makes you want to rev and speed more. BOV makes you rev more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Turbo compresses air into the engine giving it the advantage of a larger engine in a smaller package. When the throttle body slams shut, that compressed air has to go somewhere. You already have a BPV(ByPass Valve) but the forge holds in more pressure while throttle body is open. When the throttle closes that air is bypassed thought this BPV back into the intake air to be recycled. When you recycle the car is happy and you don't need a tune for it.

BOV(Blow Off Valve) doesn't recycle the air and vents it into the atmosphere. The car meters how much air is coming in before its compressed and sends the right amount of fuel to the engine. When you let the air go into the atmosphere the wrong amount of fuel is sent to the engine. W/o a tune the car thinks you have a vacuum leak.

MPG is questionable as having a tune. When you get a new toy, you may abuse it a bit in the initial ownership. Tune makes you want to rev and speed more. BOV makes you rev more.
I just got my BOV in and I'm looking at the trifecta elite calibration, recently I've read users weren't happy with what they got, was this issue resolved or should I look for a different tune?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.