Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

· Reverend Red Bull
1,153 Posts
Interesting that if you Google that number it doesn't reference the fuel filter.
Yeah. Don't know if suppliers just haven't updated their databases or what. I know there have been other reports of the same thing I found on Amazon, where people order the 2nd part number, but receive the 3rd. Best bet to get one right now is probably to search for the 2nd part number, but then expect that you will actually receive the third when it arrives.

· Registered
318 Posts
I just did mine today. As much as people were talking about GM making it a pain to get to, personally I think they actually made it easy to get to. It took me all of 10 minutes and that's with never having done it before. Many fuel filters are inside the fuel tanks these days. Being able to remove it in 5 minutes is a real nice thing.

On another note, my car has less than 30k miles on it, and the fuel filter that came out of it looked like it was soaked in sharpie ink.

· Registered
318 Posts
Theres definitely a noticeable amount of dirt in them. I'll try to grab a picture of my old one tomorrow and post it in here. It's literally black. They start out white. There wasn't any sludge like buildup, but the filter was completely discolored. It was definitely doing its job.

The stuff that makes it black comes from anywhere. Just stuff left over in the fuel, stuff out of the truck that delivered it, stuff out of the tank at the gas station, stuff out of your tank etc. It's not the diesel that turns the filter black, it's the stuff in the diesel that shouldn't be there.

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Theres definitely a noticeable amount of dirt in them. I'll try to grab a picture of my old one tomorrow and post it in here. It's literally black. They start out white. There wasn't any sludge like buildup, but the filter was completely discolored. It was definitely doing its job.

The stuff that makes it black comes from anywhere. Just stuff left over in the fuel, stuff out of the truck that delivered it, stuff out of the tank at the gas station, stuff out of your tank etc. It's not the diesel that turns the filter black, it's the stuff in the diesel that shouldn't be there.
One thing is our fuel here in the states sucks compared to Europe. If we would produce a better higher grade of fuel, I feel a lot of fuel related issues like soot and pollution would decrease and performance and mpg would increase. We are trying to get max economy from crappy fuel.

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,033 Posts
One thing is our fuel here in the states sucks compared to Europe. If we would produce a better higher grade of fuel, I feel a lot of fuel related issues like soot and pollution would decrease and performance and mpg would increase. We are trying to get max economy from crappy fuel.
But that would be logical - why on earth would we want to do that?

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I just did mine today. As much as people were talking about GM making it a pain to get to, personally I think they actually made it easy to get to. It took me all of 10 minutes and that's with never having done it before. Many fuel filters are inside the fuel tanks these days. Being able to remove it in 5 minutes is a real nice thing.

On another note, my car has less than 30k miles on it, and the fuel filter that came out of it looked like it was soaked in sharpie ink.
I'm not surprised. A lot of fuel runs through there in 30-40K miles. Even very minor contamination would add up over time.

· Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Deceiving it is because it's wet.

Let it sit to dry for a couple of weeks then compare it to a new and dry one.

When I did, mine turned a tan colour.

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,033 Posts

Yep - the dirt being saturated with moisture will appear darker. I'll have to see what ours looks like...if I can find it.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

Pics, please!

· Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Pics, please!
Didn't take any pictures because I didn't think it was significant. I later burnt the filter in my barbecue. Threw off an enormous amount of BTUs.

· Premium Member
850 Posts
It's time to do another fuel filter change. But now I see Purolater makes a replacement - GF409. Anybody use this yet?

As a side note, the dealership accidentally reset my fuel filter meter after an oil change, so I am totally guessing here. Guess I'll err on the side of caution since I am at 70.5k miles.

· Registered
2 Posts
Changed the fuel filter in my 2015 CTD yesterday ( 8-28-2017 ) without any problems, bought the filter kit , new part number GM# 23304096 or ACDelco part # TP1015, at Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas for $46.54 plus tax. The kit includes 2 new O rings the part # on the filter itself is 23304095. It is a MANN filter made in the Czech Republic.

· Banned
260 Posts
Changed the fuel filter in my 2015 CTD yesterday ( 8-28-2017 ) without any problems, bought the filter kit , new part number GM# 23304096 or ACDelco part # TP1015, at Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas for $46.54 plus tax. The kit includes 2 new O rings the part # on the filter itself is 23304095. It is a MANN filter made in the Czech Republic.
I guess my first question is whether these are the same quality filters as OEM TP1003 with water repellent element or cheap imitation??

Rock lists the TP1015 for $21.79 and Amazon has it listed for $30.19 but it is not list under the 2015 Cruze CTD listings at this time.

ACDELCO TP1015 Fuel Filter | RockAuto

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-TP10...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

101 - 120 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.