Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How-To: Gen 2 Fog Light Bezel Removal

Overview:
This tutorial is to help gen 2 owners remove the plastic trim that goes around the fog lights on a gen 2 cruze with the RS package. I finally got around to removing my fog light bezels today. Can confirm that you DO NOT need to remove your front bumper. I knew that sounded crazy when I heard it and confirmed that it's simply held on with plastic push clips. Probably took 10 min to feel around and pop them off. Very easy.

Tools Required:
- Small flat blade screwdriver or knife. I have a Gerber multitool in my car for this sort of job.

Part Required:
N/A

Procedure:
Reach under the bumper and feel around for the edge of the fog light housing. Starting at the inner edge (left hand side in this photo) you'll feel the large plastic clips protruding through the front bumper towards the engine. You can squeeze or push that inner tab (you can see this better in the second close up photo) and while you're doing that pry or pull slightly on the plastic housing from the outside. It'll pop out without much trouble. From there work your way around and you'll be able to do the same on 2 or 3 other clips. After you've released a few of them you should be able to simply pull it out from the front like typical push pin connectors.

Close up of push tabs that need to be released to remove fog light bezel assembly.

There is one additional clip at the bottom edge but I didn't bother with that one as you can just swing it down and you have full access to the silver clips of the fog light bezel (yay!)

Start with these middle tabs and you can just push them inwards and they'll release.

Then go around the outside and work on either pushing the tabs in or out depending on the shape until it's free. It can be a bit tricky because they're held in with opposite forces depending on which side you're working on. Careful not to push too hard as these will break. I snapped one and had to super glue it back in place. The long pointy end of the bezel will be where you want to end up. Release the other clips and then this last one is simply a hook to hold it in place. If you make the mistake of going after this one first, you'll break something.

Congrats, you removed your fog light bezels with almost no tools in under 20 min!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,005 Posts
Finally got around to removing my fog light bezels today. Can confirm that you DO NOT need to remove your front bumper. I knew that sounded crazy when I heard it and confirmed that it's simply held on with plastic push clips. Probably took 10 min to feel around and pop them off. Very easy.

Reach under the bumper and feel around for the edge of the fog light housing. Starting at the inner edge (left hand side in this photo) you'll feel the large plastic clips protruding through the front bumper towards the engine. You can squeeze or push that inner tab (you can see this better in the second close up photo) and while you're doing that pry or pull slightly on the plastic housing from the outside. It'll pop out without much trouble. From there work your way around and you'll be able to do the same on 2 or 3 other clips. After you've released a few of them you should be able to simply pull it out from the front like typical push pin connectors.

View attachment 287711

Close up of push tabs that need to be released to remove fog light bezel assembly.

View attachment 287712

There is one additional clip at the bottom edge but I didn't bother with that one as you can just swing it down and you have full access to the silver clips of the fog light bezel (yay!)

View attachment 287713

Start with these middle tabs and you can just push them inwards and they'll release.

View attachment 287714

Then go around the outside and work on either pushing the tabs in or out depending on the shape until it's free. It can be a bit tricky because they're held in with opposite forces depending on which side you're working on. Careful not to push too hard as these will break. I snapped one and had to super glue it back in place. The long pointy end of the bezel will be where you want to end up. Release the other clips and then this last one is simply a hook to hold it in place. If you make the mistake of going after this one first, you'll break something.

View attachment 287715

Congrats, you removed your fog light bezels with almost no tools in under 20 min!
Nice, It is always a good feeling when you figure out how to do something much simpler than what you expected in the beginning.
Can you set this up in this format?
How-To: Write a Tutorial

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is also only Gen 2 RS specific. The Fog lights for the non-RS are round projectors.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,005 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have the fog light bezel replacement procedure for the 2016 Buick Regal GS or is it relatively the same as this? Thanks in advance! -

Overview:
This tutorial is to help gen 2 owners remove the plastic trim that goes around the fog lights on a gen 2 cruze with the RS package. I finally got around to removing my fog light bezels today. Can confirm that you DO NOT need to remove your front bumper. I knew that sounded crazy when I heard it and confirmed that it's simply held on with plastic push clips. Probably took 10 min to feel around and pop them off. Very easy.

Tools Required:
- Small flat blade screwdriver or knife. I have a Gerber multitool in my car for this sort of job.

Part Required:
N/A

Procedure:

View attachment 287711

View attachment 287712

View attachment 287713

View attachment 287714

View attachment 287715

MM

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Overview:

Tools Required:

Part Required:
N/A

Procedure:

View attachment 287711

View attachment 287712

View attachment 287713

View attachment 287714

View attachment 287715

·
Registered
5 Posts

Overview:

Tools Required:

Part Required:
N/A

Procedure:

View attachment 287711

View attachment 287712

View attachment 287713

View attachment 287714

View attachment 287715

This looks far more like just the mounting bracket than the actual bezel that clips into it. I

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! I have a 2016 Buick Regal GS AWD and am looking for the removal and installation instructions for the fog light mesh bezel that fits vertically on each side of the front bumper. The grey, flat plastic piece of the bezel has become cracked and it needs replacing because this beast is way too gorgeous to be rolling around with that kind of a facial blemish! Anyone who loves the Regal GS’s as much as I do can identify with my pain I’m sure. Just to clarify, I’m NOT speaking of the mounting bracket in the as in the picture above (which is not the actual bezel).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.