Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
The answer is
*1.8L engine especially if attached to an auto trans
*Idle instead of cutting it off while waiting for that person to come out the store or house
*A/C usage and on high especially if sitting idle

The 1.4 when attached to a eco manual trans does wonders in the hands of those with gold hypercruiser tabs under their username.

Here is the RPM's in 6th gear riding down the road.

·
10,711 Posts
If Honda 1.8L auto can do 29 city & 38 Highway then why not cruze? Why are gm cars so fuel thirsty?
Honda has been making their goal to be fuel efficient, GM is just now trying to do that because cafe laws are starting to make them do that. If it wasn't for that, there's no way us Americans would see a tiny 1.4 engine. So many of us look at the 1.4 and go nope the 1.8 is bigger and better because it's bigger with a lesser price tag. 12 years ago I would have laughed at the idea of a engine less than 2 liters. The cruze in general is heavy for the crash ratings so that also hinders MPG
Also 1.4 T option is limited to certain regions only, here we have only 1.8L option no turbo versions unfortunately.
That's the marketing and country decisions possibly. May be the reason we can't get the cool engines like 1.6 and 1.7 here. The cost of the engine may be more than what your demographic would pay. Also where the engine and car is built may also factor in. If you had a Mazda 6/Atenza right out of Japan back in 04, you got all kinds of cool navigation HIDs and other stuff. When it was built here in America on the same line as the Fords, you had the top model almost $30k USD still missing navi and HIDs with blank plates where those options would have been.

·
10,711 Posts
2 remote starts, idle and winter gas mix will drop your economy. Also these cold temps are doing wonders for the tune so my MPG hit will be from that as I don't have remote start or run my car longer than it takes to pick the music I want and turn on Bluetooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts