Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
the idea of getting better fuel mileage is to save energy and money!! so up here in canada upper grades of fuel are quite a bit more costly than base 87 octane fuel. so bear in mind the cost of the fuel as well. is it really saving you money by using it...

fyi. bought a 2013 cruze Lt1. getting abissmal fuel economy. 23 mpg city and 34 hwy. daughters cruze eco is getting low to mid 50 mpg. why is this?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that her boyfriend is a lead foot and always hard on the throttle! I on the other hand have driven professionally for 26 years and use every trick I've learned over 26 years! I still feel that its a different program in the eco that uses a different fuel map to achieve those economy numbers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my car serviced recently from GM serviice center, on 50k km , They had changed the oil for it with synthetic. Car runs smooth but fuel economy is still the same or worse i feel. My average mpg is 21 b4 i used to get 23-24 avg. weather here is crazy hot & nt cold unlike US. So why is the fuel economy bad for me. My tire is pumped to 42 psi on all four, whereas max press was stated as 51 psi.

Whats wrong then, could it be coz i idle sometimes & put the ac to med- high fan mode ?
I live in Canada and have the same wild temperature swings. I also get about the same mileage you do. 22 city and 35 highway. Either these guys are running the eco model or they reset the trip computer after they are moving. Even the US EPA tested these cats at 23 and 35.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts