Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
H. Don't idle. Your car doesn't actually need to warm up for minutes when you first start it up before you leave. This only applied to older vehicles that needed a substantial amount of time to allow oil to circulate and to fill the hydraulic lifters and is not an issue with newer cars. Get on the road soon after you start your car. If you're waiting for someone, turn your car off until they get there. Basically, unless you're moving or know you will be moving soon, turn the car off.

I would have to completely disagree with you, by not allowing your vehicle warm up before taking off your doing a lot more damage then good say you do have enough oil in the bearings before you take off u will still have air pockets and such in the oil circuits, u also havnt given anything the time to expand such as piston and rings so your oil pressure will be down and everything is sloppy I don't move the car until the gauge at least moves first and then after that I don't get on it until it is fully warmed up (when the engine is fully warmed not just the coolant) your not spending that much money allowing your engine to idle for a few minutes first you will be doing more damage by not allowing it to warm up

1 - 1 of 1 Posts