Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 20 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when driving in a traffic jam, I feel like I constantly need to lift my foot up. It never feels balanced.
The brakes too, I feel so little resistance in pushing the pedal to where the brakes start gripping.

Is there a way to adjust a spring setting, or make it feel heavier (meaning, needing me to press the pedal down a bit harder to get it in the same position)?

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, I want a stiffer accelerator pedal.
The brake pedal is ok, although a stiffer brake pedal might be a good thing too.
actually I find the brake pedal a bit too responsive.
But the accelerator, my shinbone muscles are getting sore from having to keep my foot halfway up.
At one time I blew my brake lines, because of putting too much pressure on the brakes in an emergency brake situation.

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you try adjusting your seat?
Yes, it's already as far down as possible.
The only way is to bring it further back, which will help the issue, however, I would be sitting too far away from my steering wheel for comfort.
I prefer to sit at the right distance (I already feel, despite the telescopic function, my steering wheel is too far away).

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The mechanism doesn't seem to be adjustable.
My uncle would just drill a hole in the pedal, and add a spring to it, mount it above somewhere.
He's done things like this on a volkswagen beetle, and I would have agreed, if it wasn't for the fact that the stock accelerator looks like it's made out of PLASTIC!
Really... Plastic!

1 - 6 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.