Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
10,705 Posts
I lucked out then. The Tahoes and Escalades are like this as well so I already had "That Moment" years ago but I still am used to my previous GM vehicle with the fuel door on the left. The Get-Go gas station is a rat race to get a pump. Short lived victory till you realise it's the wrong **** side. Back out and someone will steal it from you. There should be a How to for the interior trunk button. That had me going forever looking for this non existant feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had no idea this was an issue. :icon_scratch: My big problem is my work car has it on the driver side and my Cruze is on the other side, I screw it up on both cars all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Believe it or not, some of us were indeed confused how to fill up the car when we first got it. It is not obvious without prior experience, or reading the manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had this same problem, I was with my Girlfriend going to get gas for the first time and I felt so stupid because I could not figure out how to open the stupid fuel door. I am used to either pulling it open or hitting a button. People around me were laughing at me walk all around my car and search all inside until I decided to give it a push.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks so much for this thread! I bought the Cruz for my son a year ago, and now that he is away at college my wife is driving it. She calls, unable to figure the gas cap out. I had filled it up a couple of times with no problem, but couldn't remember how. Searched the 'tubes, this came up. Success! :eek:ccasion14:

Seems she habitually locks the car when she's getting gas.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
I called OnStar when I first bought my CRUZE. I hadn't owned a Car that had a Gas door not operated by remote control or with an inside lever in 20 years. Seems long term GM owners are oblivious to this new technology and someone even made fun of me for asking about this. How backwards that anyone can pour sugar or other stuff in your tank. I felt this is really cutting corners but the entire CRUZE and most GM products are made out of cost savings except the sticker price?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Haha I did the same when buying my Cruze only difference was I couldn't figure out where the trunk button was... Seems silly now but coming from a trailblazer it was quite the change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANK YOU! I am currently driving a 2014 Chevy Cruze and I need to put fuel into it. I could NOT find how to open the fuel compartment door. The car manual was not helpful. I have read every possible reference to "FUEL" in the darn manual without any discovery referencing HOW TO GET TO THE FUEL Compartment. NEXT ? Since it's a 2014 model: Does it take diesel? or gas? Hopefully when I OPEN the door to the FUEL compartment, the cap will be color coded to help make the fuel type OBVIOUS.

·
10,705 Posts
THANK YOU! I am currently driving a 2014 Chevy Cruze and I need to put fuel into it. I could NOT find how to open the fuel compartment door. The car manual was not helpful. I have read every possible reference to "FUEL" in the darn manual without any discovery referencing HOW TO GET TO THE FUEL Compartment. NEXT ? Since it's a 2014 model: Does it take diesel? or gas? Hopefully when I OPEN the door to the FUEL compartment, the cap will be color coded to help make the fuel type OBVIOUS.
take a picture of the trunk and gauges, left side with tach
preferably.

If you can grab the vin, post what comes after 1G1PXXXX

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Reread that first post, ha, my salesman had no idea how to open that gas cap door, tried to pry it opened with his fingers.

Ha, felt like an idiot when I was in Italy checking over my rental before taking it, said the gas cap is missing. We don't use gas caps here was told, the fuel nozzle is keyed to unlock it. Guess you Italians are way ahead of us.

Also next to impossible to find a rental with an automatic transmission, but wanted a manual anyway. Guess people in Italy know how to drive, getting next to impossible to find a car made in the USA with a manual transmission.

Also very difficult to pass a driver's test here with a manual, they don't like it when you have to take your hand off the steering wheel to shift. Wife couldn't pass, had to get her a car with an automatic. And hand over hand steering when you only have to turn the steering wheel a maximum of 30 degrees. More like baby finger over baby finger.

Still have a bunch of idiots running this country.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Love this post! Would have helped me a lot had I seen it when I bought my Cruze. Felt like an idiot at the pump trying to figure out how to open it. Fancy thing haha pushed on the wrong **** side the first time then sat and looked for a release. Only wasted like 10 minutes. Good thing it wasn't a busy gas station.

·
Administrator
25,377 Posts
OK - last week I went to get gas and pulled into the wrong side of the pump. You'd think that after 27,000+ miles and 16 months I'd have changed my reflex for this.
And I still pull up to the wrong side of the pump about every fifth or sixth fill up. :wave:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I drove a Hyundai for 10 years that had the fuel door on the drivers side. there was a button on the arm-rest to open it. It took an adjustment for me the first couple fill-ups. :huh:

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
I drove a Hyundai for 10 years that had the fuel door on the drivers side. there was a button on the arm-rest to open it. It took an adjustment for me the first couple fill-ups. :huh:
You know I drove a Hyundai as well, A Subaru too, a Honda, and a Mitsubishi Dodge product going back 31 years and they all had locking gas caps, indoor releases, and with the Hyundai even a release button on the FOB. The first time I filled up the CRUZE 3.5 years ago after I figured out where to press to open I thought how cheap GM cars must be designed. Only when getting to know the car better did I notice it was even cheaper than I thought. Why I posted about the flimsy GM Plastic Oil Dipstick and people called me stupid here including one moderator who I have learned to like. He didn't believe that all metal dipsticks were available, never owned a Hyundai I guess?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts