Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was accidentally carried over from the V1 fix kit tutorial, which is needed to install the BNR throttle body spacer. You don't need it for the V2 kit. I removed it from the required tools list. Thanks for catching that.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification, I kind of guessed that it was probably for the throttle body spacer bolts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my V2 kit installed, also noticed
A valve cover gasket leak , replace
The valve cover , which cones with a gasket, as well ( as long as I had it off) It had some corrosion on the
# 3 spark plug connection, at the coil, so I replaced the coil with a Delphi brand and new plugs also.
Got all back together, went to
Reattach the - batt terminal , noticed
The small ( 16 gauge) wire which
Fastens to the main batt - terminal
Was loose, tightened it. ( the negative batt cable was replaced
Due to a special GM service) last
April, I was getting every code imaginable on my screen.
So anyway, took the car for s test
Drive, I must say it never ran this
Good, I think the PVC valve was
Leaking boost all along. Thanks
For the great tutorial and kit,
Much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there anyone in the New York City/New Jersey area who can install this for me? I'm not a mechanic, not do I own any of the required tools. I just bought the parts + kit.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
990 Posts
Well, got everything installed today, took about 4 hours. (Had to run to the dealer and get a new turbo intercooler bypass valve, snapped off a plastic piece. That rubber hose wouldn't budge. No biggie. Upon starting the car ran rough and felt like it was dropping a cylinder. Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control both came on. Things smoothed out after about a minute. Went on a short drive, came home shut engine off and restarted and lights went away. No codes were stored in ECU either. So not sure about that, but it's running great now, babied it and also did a couple of wide open throttle runs to 80 or so. Also there was a TON of gunk in that channel in the intake, even a little oil dripped down the engine. Found that a bit odd, but maybe it isn't. Thanks for the kit!

IMG_0645.jpg IMG_0652.jpg

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, got everything installed today, took about 4 hours. (Had to run to the dealer and get a new turbo intercooler bypass valve, snapped off a plastic piece. That rubber hose wouldn't budge. No biggie. Upon starting the car ran rough and felt like it was dropping a cylinder. Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control both came on. Things smoothed out after about a minute. Went on a short drive, came home shut engine off and restarted and lights went away. No codes were stored in ECU either. So not sure about that, but it's running great now, babied it and also did a couple of wide open throttle runs to 80 or so. Also there was a TON of gunk in that channel in the intake, even a little oil dripped down the engine. Found that a bit odd, but maybe it isn't. Thanks for the kit!

View attachment 269031 View attachment 269033
Thanks for those pictures. You're one of the first to use the new SAE spec adapter and thicker washer I started including in kits starting early January. It gives it a more clean install and doesn't flare up the washer like the old adapter does. Hope you don't mind if I use one of those pictures. I haven't made the announcement yet.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
990 Posts
Thanks for those pictures. You're one of the first to use the new SAE spec adapter and thicker washer I started including in kits starting early January. It gives it a more clean install and doesn't flare up the washer like the old adapter does. Hope you don't mind if I use one of those pictures. I haven't made the announcement yet.
No problem at all. I was on that thread and was like, man that pic looks familiar! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
With this string being very long and I have went through al of it, have done the PCV conversion with the check valve. Two days and roughly 200 miles later I have oil all over again... Has new valve cover setup installed at the same time as the check valve install.. Now what?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
990 Posts
With this string being very long and I have went through al of it, have done the PCV conversion with the check valve. Two days and roughly 200 miles later I have oil all over again... Has new valve cover setup installed at the same time as the check valve install.. Now what?
To be completely honest It sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Mine had one at the cam sensor covers(both sensors were replaced) the oil pan, and some other seal. (Dealership covered under warranty so I’m not 100% sure of all the work) this kit won’t fix an oil leak. I assume my leaks all happened because of the faulty pcv system which put unneeded pressure on the seals before it was installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed this 2 weeks ago and car ran great! Now today its making a whistling noise if you take out the dipstick when running. Also first starting it up sounds like something is going to blow and goes away if you drive it for like 2 mins so thinking the turbo went bad?

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just installed this 2 weeks ago and car ran great! Now today its making a whistling noise if you take out the dipstick when running. Also first starting it up sounds like something is going to blow and goes away if you drive it for like 2 mins so thinking the turbo went bad?
The crankcase is supposed to be under vacuum. You might have a leak at the charge pipe to throttle body connection, or your valve cover might also be bad. You'll have to diagnose some more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guess my car has a mind of it's own because the sound went away today and dont have any codes. So guess I'll look again when it does it again lol. Also checked the valve cover and it wasnt blowing air and covering it up didn't do anything so guessing that's still good?

·
Administrator
15,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Guess my car has a mind of it's own because the sound went away today and dont have any codes. So guess I'll look again when it does it again lol. Also checked the valve cover and it wasnt blowing air and covering it up didn't do anything so guessing that's still good?
Potentially still good. I've noticed that the valve cover doesn't move any air if the intake manifold check valve is stuck closed or clogged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so i installed the V2 fix. i knocked out the orange tab. problem is i didn't shake it out. and it didn't dawn on me until i have it all back together of course. is that going to cause a problem? question 2, a couple months ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, thinking that was the issue for the oil leak. i replaced the whole valve cover, which came with another new gasket. but can i reuse the two month old gasket? other than that i think it runs better already. similar issue as another guy when i first started up, check engine flashing, stabilitrac warning, that all went away after second restart. thanks for the fix. appreciate it

·
Registered
3 Posts
questions

so i installed the V2 fix. i knocked out the orange tab. problem is i didn't shake it out. and it didn't dawn on me until i have it all back together of course. is that going to cause a problem? question 2, a couple months ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, thinking that was the issue for the oil leak. i replaced the whole valve cover, which came with another new gasket. but can i reuse the two month old gasket? other than that i think it runs better already. similar issue as another guy when i first started up, check engine flashing, stabilitrac warning, that all went away after second restart. thanks for the fix. appreciate it

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2016 cruze Gen 1 took to dealer for blowing smoke on acceleration. They told me my Turbo seals were bad and wiped out my Cat which they could fix for me for 3K.
I replaced Turbo and Cat and cleaned out intercooler and lines. Took for test drive and Still having Same issues. in 200 miles burned 2 quarts of oil and Turbo lines are filled with OIL again.
Is this a PCV valve problem and if so did I just ruin another turbo that will always cause the seals to leak.
Frustrated and broke!
If this is PCV problem I will be ordering KIT 2 from you thanks for all the engineering you did on this and the time.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts