Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just bought a Chevy Cruze and backs into the garage everyday and really doesn't like the alarm going off the whole way.

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
I found this page from the Manual on-line.
Detected objects are indicated by audible beeps when the vehicle is in Reverse. The
interval between beeps becomes shorter as the vehicle gets closer to an object. When the
distance is less than 12 in. (30cm), the beeps are continuous. The system operates only
at speeds less than 5 mph.
• To turn the system on/off, open the Collision Detection menu in the Vehicle Settings
menu by using the audio system controls.
• When the system is on, a beep sounds when shifting into Reverse.
Note:
The system may be disabled if dirt, snow or ice builds up on the sensors. Keep the vehicle
clean for proper operation.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
put your key in ignition & turn forward(not on), press the Config button on the stereo to access the Car options. Somewhere buried in these settings you can disable the parking assist.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The backup alarm is part of the Driver's Convenience Package. You know it's active if you hear a beep when you put the car in reverse. The problem that OP's wife is having is that it also watches for possible obstructions to the rear corners of the car as well. This is why it's beeping at her as she backs into their garage.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I find the feature useless, I would rather have a rear camera. if you backup to fast if comes on a bit late, its also way to quiet & the only way to make louder also causes the door/headlight/key in ignition warning to be twice as loud. Seems it should mute or turn down the radio when it gets activated, but unfortunately if your listening to loud music you probably wont hear it.

Only reason I got the drivers convenience package was for the remote start. Actually like the power seat now as it seems quite a bit more adjustable than the non-power passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Just cover it with dirt. :D

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Personally I find the power driver's seat to be worth the convenience package. It allows me to easily and safely adjust the seat while moving. With a flacky knee this is quite useful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buy a Bluetooth OBD2 (ELM327) adapter. They cost about $10 – $25.
Download free app on your Android phone or tablet. The app is FREE to download and try.
Plug the OBD2 Bluetooth adapter into your car. The port is located under the dash, a little to the left of the pedals.
Open free app and tap on “CUSTOMIZE”. It should automatically find your OBD2 Bluetooth device and connect to it, without you needing to do anything. If the device requires a PIN, you’ll get a pop-up asking for that. Try 0000 if you don’t know it – that seems to be the PIN that most devices use.
When software is done reading settings from your car, it will show you the available customization categories. Pick “Instruments / Display / Dings”.
Tap on “Reverse-gear beep”
Change it to “BEEP ONCE” and press “SAVE”
If this is the first time you’re saving a setting with software, it will guide you through the purchase process. The ability to change customization values (such as the beep) is a paid feature and costs $10 for unlimited lifetime use. You don’t have to pay again the next time you want to change a setting, even if it’s a different one, or even if you’re on a different phone (logged in with the same Google account).
Enjoy beep-free reversing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts