Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
One way to save a little money is to scour the junkyards for at least some of the parts you need. I did that for the wheel, tire, jack, and other under-the-floor pieces. Couldn't find the floor so I ended up ordering that new. The whole package came to about $250 with shipping. And I'm much happier and feel safer for it. :)

Anybody want my old floor? :wink:

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was in purchasing touch up paint for Penguin LS (shopping cart while parked) and the parts guy told me he's sold three additional spare tire stacks since I ordered mine. He kept the parts list we created as a reference.

·
Super Moderator
4,954 Posts
Now I need to go back to where my LS is and take out the spare and all the components to put in my Eco. Wish I would have thought about it the other day when taking everything else out. I wasn't sure what I was going to buy so I left the spare. Arh!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me ask a dumb question.You called out a donut tire that is about 22.4" in diamter (T115/70D16), but the tires on my 2012 Eco are about 26.3" in diameter (P225/55R17). Is the 4" difference in tire diameter the correct difference in size between a donut and a full sized tire? I know donuts are smaller, but I can't find anywhere online where it's defined what that differnce should/can be.

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Let me ask a dumb question.You called out a donut tire that is about 22.4" in diamter (T115/70D16), but the tires on my 2012 Eco are about 26.3" in diameter (P225/55R17). Is the 4" difference in tire diameter the correct difference in size between a donut and a full sized tire? I know donuts are smaller, but I can't find anywhere online where it's defined what that differnce should/can be.
Sorry for the delayed response - I didn't see your question until just now. The spare tire size I listed is the size specified by GM for the Cruze. It's normal for a donut spare to be quite a bit smaller than the normal tire size. I also double-checked the spare size by taking apart the trunk of a LTZ and looking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Outstanding. I went to a couple of junk yards and was not able to find the wheel or tire. I did find the spare off a 2011 Cruze AT on eBay for about $150 and just bought it. Once I have that, a tire tool and jack is really all I need for an emergency. I can get the rest of the stuff to do a full factory reconvert like you laid out later. Thanks so much for doing this.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I have a 1LT with the compact spare and all the parts mentioned above. I wanted to post anyone local(with 150miles of Madison, WI) I would be willing to sell/trade their eco trunk floor and inflation kit for my compact spare, kit and trunk floor. The 150mile range is about the limit of how far I am willing to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I got my tire and I got my old jack with two chock blocks and a tire tool. They're all laying in my trunk. This weekend I hit the junk yards looking for the rest of the parts.

Tempted to just buy online, but I'll give the junk yards a try first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone else think GM is real proud of those car blocks (15116183)? Cheapest I've found those is $32 EACH. Seems like I could find something aftermarket for no more than $10 each and they'd do the same job. Everything else seems reasonable form a place like GMPartsDirect.com. Floor is $70, but what ya gonna do?

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That's the entire floor. You're looking for the hole cover.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Spare tire with the Eco AT was a 100 buck option, so why couldn't your dealer give you that option in your MT for a 100 bucks? The tire well is all set up for it.

Probably your dealer told us the same thing yours did, NO, only if you get the AT, we didn't want the AT, which made us switch to the 2LT, came with that leather package, spare tire, jack, that bag, power driver's seat, better radio, 4 wheel disk brakes.

Can still get 46 mpg with this thing, using summer gas, and poking along on the interstate at 55 mph. But with a strong fear of getting ran over by a semi.

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
gmpartsdirect.com.

Select the 2011 Chevy Cruze ECO
Body Hardware / Rear Body & Floor

You're looking for item 11 in the diagram.

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I drove 4,100+ miles on my road trip and didn't need my spare tire. However, I'm still glad I had it. I passed at least two cars on each tank of gas pulled over changing flats or pulled over and "abandoned" because they didn't have a spare tire to change their flat. Most of the folks changing their flats were doing it themselves but a couple of them had either waited for someone to come along or got lucky and someone came along while they were changing their tire.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice write up. But now I'm wondering what happened to my jack and jack holder. I looked back there tonight and I don't have either of those pieces, makes me think the dealer screwed me

·
10,695 Posts
Now I get it finally! After geting hold of a non eco Cruze, the entire floor is the pannel. Not a seperate cutout to cover just the hole. The bumpouts on the floor look as it it was a small hatch independent of the trunk floor trim.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I hope this wasn't asked already. But do you think a full size tire would fit in the well? If that was the case I could just put one of my winter tires in there instead of having to purchase the spare.

·
Administrator
25,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The well is barely large enough for the donut spare.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I hope this wasn't asked already. But do you think a full size tire would fit in the well? If that was the case I could just put one of my winter tires in there instead of having to purchase the spare.
You should test it out, it should fit but not below the floor. Have seen a few people with other cars cut the floor around the full size spare. Think it sticks up around 3-6inches, so you can make a nice cover for it too. You could also build a false floor, use bigger foam blocks under the flat trunk floor to raise it a few extra inches.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts