Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a new 1.4 turbo cruze owner, i love my car so much, its great fun to drive. I am looking to install some gauges for my turbo, i was going to add the boost gauge. My question is this. how hard or easy is it to install? i am 21 years old and i am handy with tools, but i rather not screw up when working on my car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
it is super easy to install you could do it in about 25 min without cutting any of the lines or anything! I started a thread a while back on details on installing one. Here is the link for the thread http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/3560-boost-gauge-8.html there should be a ton of useful info there on where to tap in. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask me anything i would be more than willing to help you!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look at the PLX scan gauge on zzp's website. It plugs right into the obdII port and offers about twenty-six gauges in one (including boost/vacuum). Yeah it's expensive, but well worth it. Installs in seconds and is digital.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That you very much

·
Registered
11 Posts
2016 vaccum line

Hope this helps some people save some time. On the new 2016 Cruze there isn't a black and green rubber hose that goes to the intake (trust me - I searched for that **** thing for a while!!). Instead they changed it to a semi hard plastic line. This line runs directly into the intake in the back of the engine next to the firewall. The only thing green are the two plastic clips you have to take off each end of the vacuum line. Cut the line close to were it goes into the intake and inserted "t" fitting by using a heat gun and heating up the plastic for it to slide over the new "t" fitting. Will NOT slide over without heat... it molds around the barbs on the fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey I have a 2013 Cruze I looked at the other thread and there's no pictures showing where to tap into exactly.where's the green striped wire located?and I have the trifecta tune so what size gauge should I go with?(boost lbs)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey I have a 2013 Cruze I looked at the other thread and there's no pictures showing where to tap into exactly.where's the green striped wire located?and I have the trifecta tune so what size gauge should I go with?(boost lbs)
Pretty much topping out around 22psi so anything more than that will work. Brb with the link to the install that shows it

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey you've been very helpful again thanks but I'm thinking about getting zzp pillar mount it only comes with two holes do you have any suggestions on what other gauge I should get?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts