Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Update for this. I did mine today. As for the electrical center, unclip it from the base. Loosen all 3 10mm bolts. While holding the electrical center up, tap on all 3 bolts and loosen them up some more. Repeat this untill the 3 bolts are no longer holding the connectors to the electrical center. If you look at the connector, it has a gray retainer at one end. Pull this retainer out but don't pull really hard on the connector until you have it back in. you don't need to push it in with needle nose pliers. When your putting it back together, the 3 connectors snap down in the base. No need to try to align them or push them back into the electrical center. Just set the electrical center back in place and snap it down to the base. Tighten the 3 bolts. I warn you that it will seem like they aren't tightening, but they will.
I had an hour into it.

· Registered
246 Posts
Pics to show some of the things to deal with when doing the fog lights.

Electronics Technology Electronic component Electronic device Machine

The red arrows show the 6 clips you need to release to pull the top of the electrical center out. It also shows the 3 bolts that retain the connectors to the electrical center.

Vehicle Technology Automotive exterior Auto part Electronic component

Another view of one of the clips.

Auto part Technology Engine Vehicle Car

The battery side of the electrical center.

Auto part Metal

Tab that holds the connectors in the base of the electrical center. This is what I mentioned previously. Lock them into the base and you don't have to fool with getting them aligned to get the top back on.

Electronics Product Technology Electronic engineering Electronic device

Shot of the connector locked in place in the base.

Auto part Vehicle Engine Machine

Arrow shows an example of the terminal retainer that help hold the wiring in the connector.

Electronics Technology Cdj Electronic instrument

Here is the actual retainer that you remove to make adding the wire easier.

Cable management Electrical wiring Electronics Wire Technology

This is was happens when you tired and in a hurry. See the red arrow, that is the wrong location. It should be in the cavity above the purple/gray wire.

Now they work great!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.