Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sibby,
thanks for the terrific write up.
My lights arrived today (could so have used them on the way home).
So tomorrows project is to install them. Have my camera charged up so I can get a few pictures of how the wiring goes in the fuse block.
will let you know.
Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got my lights installed, sadly I will have to get the BCM reprogrammed. I guess the 2013 LT did not come with the fogs programmed in. We will see how supportive the dealer wants to be.A few points to help others.
1) install the outer covers last. Leaves room for your fingers to reach in from the front.
2) Pop the side marker lights out, a long extension with a U joint makes it easier to get to the outer most screws.
3) The connection point on the fuse block is one back from the very end. (#31).

First thing I would check BEFORE installing the lights: see if the fog light indicator shows up on the instrument cluster when you start the car. It is on the right hand side on the speedometer. If it lights (during the light check) your fogs are programmed into the BCM, if it never lights, you will have to have your BCM flashed for them to work.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-e...ruze-fog-light-install-warning-lots-pics.html

This is an excellent post with good pics of the electrical connections.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the great information and support

Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. They wanted to charge me$120 to program in the fog lights.
After some hagling (car is less than 3 weeks old) ended up costing me $60.
I still think it should have been free.
They do make the car look better in my humble opinion.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.