Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the mode-2 LEDs up front. The only issue I ran into was... They were too **** big! They wouldn't fit into the light housing. I had to sand away at the diameter of the light to get it in. Other than that... Smooth sailing, and, they look great! View attachment 14856 View attachment 14857

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

how did you get the mode 2? does it blink from white to amber when you put the turn signal? or does it just blink amber when you put the turn signal? i want to put some on mine but i want to alternate between amber and white. thanx for your response!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but i'll try to get my answer anyway haha
I installed the LEDs like 2 years ago and I would like to go back to stock.
How to go back to stock? I guess I need to remove the resistors? Is it necessary?
If so I guess I need to solder the wires back?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
I guess I need to remove the resistors? Is it necessary?
If you don't remove the resistors, the computer may complain that there's too much current on that bulb. You might be OK, you might not. Or, if you've got my luck, it will seem OK until it fails at the worst possible moment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you don't remove the resistors, the computer may complain that there's too much current on that bulb. You might be OK, you might not. Or, if you've got my luck, it will seem OK until it fails at the worst possible moment.
Soldering the wires back is the way to go I guess then?

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
Soldering the wires back is the way to go I guess then?
Not knowing how it was done, I can't say. If the wires are intact, and only in insulation pealed back, then you just need to tape things up. If the wires were cut, then, yes, you would need to splice them back somehow.

Why are going bailing on the LEDs? If you're not happy with them, you might try another brand.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was actually really happy with them, still working great and I even have a spare set in my garage. However it was nice with clear white HIDs, but I don't have them anymore. 2 sets went bad so I installed my oem bulbs. And now the yellowish oem bulbs with the clear LEDs is kinda weird... that's why

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know this is an old thread but what was the brand and part number of the kit? I cant find it anywhere. I think it was mentioned in the video comments as being ijdmtoy. Wanted to know how or why that affects the OEM drl as it appears it only ties into the parking light circuit? Is this not true? The DRL circuit should only be a problem if it's tied into the headlight bulb itself. The low beam is PWM controlled by the bcm, not that 7444 park bulb. What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,898 Posts
I know this is an old thread but what was the brand and part number of the kit? I cant find it anywhere. I think it was mentioned in the video comments as being ijdmtoy. Wanted to know how or why that affects the OEM drl as it appears it only ties into the parking light circuit? Is this not true? The DRL circuit should only be a problem if it's tied into the headlight bulb itself. The low beam is PWM controlled by the bcm, not that 7444 park bulb. What am I missing?
This is just an LED lamp with a load ballast for each side. These replace the Amber turn signal lamps. What happens is that when you are turning, the direction you are turning flashes amber like normal, but the other one stays white. When you are not turning, they are both white.

You need to select the ballasts along with the lamps of your choice.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts