Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,565 Posts
Cruze-adjacent, but apparently Whiteline now lists this as fitting both first and second gen Volts, and thus, one is now sitting in my house. Oddly, it is not listed as fitting a second-gen Cruze, which, like second-gen Volts, is D2XX instead of Delta II.

Installation should be very similar to this, aside from the lower shock bolt torque being lower...and trying to figure out where the hell to put jack stands on this car. Probably won't bother until spring.

Good to know the bolts require occasional re-torquing. The bolts on my Powell rear bar on my Cobalt have needed to be tightened again once as well.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,245 Posts
I revisited my sway bar today. I broke out my jack, stands, 1/2" breaker bar and a six point socket along with some Knock'er Loose. What I found was that the mounts are just spinning in the perch. So this caused me to think about making my own spring perch mounts. They could really benefit from a hex on the top portion within the spring. This would greatly facilitate retightening them when needed. Initially I thought all I would need to do is weld a nut that fits within the circumference, but then I remembered they were aluminum.

Should I make them from steel or should I figure out a way to make them from aluminum. I know it is possible to weld aluminum, but I am thinking about the strength.

·
COTM Winner
6,565 Posts
It might be a massive pain in the ass, but you could grind a hex into the top of the aluminum and hold it with an open-end wrench.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,245 Posts
It might be a massive pain in the ass, but you could grind a hex into the top of the aluminum and hold it with an open-end wrench.
I considered that and if I have to go that route, I think I would try just two flats to start with.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You'd just need two flats. Since the threads go all the way thru the mount, you could also use a longer bolt with a pinch nut on top. That might alleviate your having to retighten them every year.

Reactions: MP81 and Blasirl

·
COTM Winner
6,565 Posts
You'd just need two flats. Since the threads go all the way thru the mount, you could also use a longer bolt with a pinch nut on top. That might alleviate your having to retighten them every year.
That's probably the best idea.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.