Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Contest Manager
2,239 Posts
Although I see the value in doing this, I don't see the worth without a payoff.
To be honest the engine grounding cable is worth just as much as the alt/neg cables.
The stock one goes from behind the engine and ends right beside the front driver side headlight. We are talking about 2ft of grounding cable, and possibly CCA.

With the new EG cable you are able to extend your spark plug gaps.

0.035 4ga stock
0.030 4ga tuned
0.032 1/0ga tuned

With 1/0ga and 0.032
I "personally" went from 28mpg to 32mpg.

I recently got new "NON" LLR tires and have still been able to do 30 consistently in 95% city.
On Lordstown trip I did 49mpg (70 mile trip) on same tires.

I gave Vince two grounding cables to test out on the Cruze and sonic.
So when he finally gets around to testing them out, ill post the results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Contest Manager
2,239 Posts
If you check my other posts about this product (other threads) you will see that I'm not trying to say that you will see any improvement in mpg. I am trying to be careful with how I say what the expectations are until there is physical data proving so. That's y I used quotations on the word, personal.

I've tested multiple different gaps with and with out cables and were all data logged. they were sent out to Jerry a month ago. He has not been able to get to them due to being over booked with data logs from GB on the Cadillacs.

But what I can tell you from my experience. The cables make a big difference with spark blow out at wider gaps.

My car personally could never get any where near 0.035 "STOCK" I have a video on YouTube showing the boost bouncing around 10-15 psi @WOT

I'm now at 0.032 tuned (peak @24psi)
No prob holding boost.

I know this doesn't say anything about mpg. But it does show performance. Coming from Vince "you want to go as large a gap as you can (as long as there is no blowout) for better emissions and mpgs."

·
Contest Manager
2,239 Posts
Right, and the Alternator wire is a positive (power) wire, correct? Looks like it gets attached to the Positive on the battery, so I assume it is.
Not directly to the battery.
Look at step 8. It attaches to the same point that the stock alt cable attaches to on top of the battery on the distribution block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.