Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
272 Posts
Step 12:

Start it up to make sure everything works and reset your clock. I'm seeing about 14.4-14.5 volts at idle now.
Did you check the voltage before? Really your voltage should not have changed. It's being able to sustain current under load. My Cruze says 14.8v at idle. I'm more curious about any noticeable effects such as "no more head light dimming while turning the wheel sitting in a parking lot" or the like (which actually does not happen to me all the time, either, without this mod). Although I see the value in doing this, I don't see the worth without a payoff. Excellent write up though, thanks for taking the time and taking good pictures.

· Premium Member
272 Posts
No, forgot to. People here said it should increase slightly though, so I figured stock must be around 13.8/14.
Mine is anywhere from 14.3v to 14.8v depending on when I flipped through the dash screens.

tecollins1 said:
With 1/0ga and 0.032 I "personally" went from 28mpg to 32mpg.
Don't take this as offensive (because I know the "personal" measurement is relative and subjective), but I think most others will not see the fuel economy unless it is repeatable (and by repeatable I mean remove it, measure fuel economy, put it back on, measure, repeat X number of times).

Like I said before, I'd be interested in seeing any factual before-after information, or prior reasoning/information as to why this is necessary. I just like to research the **** out of things before I take the dive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.