Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Who else has benefitted from this?

Thinking about making my own kit, of sorts. I've done mods like this with all my previous cars, adding grounding kits and upgrading stock wiring with thicker welding cable, soldering crimp ends on them and shrink wrapping.

What about battery terminals themselves though? There are lots... I used to use these on my last car: Electronics Product Technology Electronic device Electrical supply

· Registered
295 Posts
You could make your own, but IMO Terry's kit won't be more expensive. His kit is is already measured, he uses KNU OFC, solders the closed terminals, and cleans it up with shrink wrap. The amount of time it takes and the materials you'd need to source yourself wouldn't make sense from a cost perspective.

If you do this, make sure you are soldering closed-ring terminals and using shrink wrap to cover up the connection. You will have long-term issues if you don't.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Measurements aside, I already have all the materials to make this type of kit myself. I used to be an electrician, so soldering and crimping and heat shrinking are my thing ;) - definitely like this kit though, well thought out and clean looking.

I just was wondering, for everyone who is this concerned with battery voltage, etc, has anyone considered upgrading the stock battery terminals themselves?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.