Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the PDF Instructions, will post those now. Will take pictures and document the process this weekend Well the PDF is to big. Took screen shots and put them here.

. Text Line art Line art Motor vehicle Text Mode of transport Drawing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, bad weather here, so today I did the easy side, and checked out the other side.

Here is the plug (Christmas tree) fastener that needs to be pulled.
Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Subwoofer Auto part
Use a puller, I am using a plastic one, but the first time I pulled this I need a metal one. Its in tight, but you can destroy it because you do not re-use it.
Automotive wheel system Auto part Plastic Rim Wheel
Here it is out, notice the trim panel has dropped a bit so the holes don't line up need to pull it up before screwing in the cargo net holder
Asphalt Water Road surface Soil Road
And one side done
Skin Ceiling Metal
Ok onto the other side,
7mm socket to remove the grocery hook
Black-and-white
Pulled the trim panel back to see what I would be drilling into this is the bracket
Red Carmine Vehicle door Automotive exterior Auto part
Red Pink Auto part Carmine Seat belt
Time mark the trim. 1 inch over from the corner of the square hole. (Sorry its flipped and I can't figure out how to right it - even if I flip on my computer it still shows as flipped here)
Finger Hand Thumb Nail Games
With the mark made we drill
Red Games Magenta Floor Asphalt Finger Flooring Metal
Here is backside of trim (daughter took pic I wanted one of the bracket, more later)
Fur
Screw in the retainer, now we see, its very close, maybe I could have moved it over more??
Nose Head Snout Close-up Ear Lock Silver
The finished product
Vehicle door Curtain Jacket Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper

Really didn't want to unscrew the Grocery hook, and the net retainer for a pic of the bracket, but could take these of the backside. Not sure you would want to move anymore rearward (Also note the bit depth in the instructions, you can see where i hit the sheetmetal behind the taillight and if you go any further back you have even less space Notice the screw is also getting close to that metal)
Hand Mouth Finger Leg Auto part Plumbing Plumbing fixture Auto part Hand Automotive tire Screw Auto part Metal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow...all of that to install the cargo net in the Gen2 Cruze. I have the Gen1 2016 Cruze Limited LTZ. To install my cargo net, I only had to pull the trim liner plugs on both sides and screw in the cargo net holders. I didn't have to mess with the grocery hook at all. The hardest part was getting those plugs out though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow...all of that to install the cargo net in the Gen2 Cruze. I have the Gen1 2016 Cruze Limited LTZ. To install my cargo net, I only had to pull the trim liner plugs on both sides and screw in the cargo net holders. I didn't have to mess with the grocery hook at all. The hardest part was getting those plugs out though.
Yeah, would have been nice of GM to punch the hole in the bracket so then you just need to find it and screw in that side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great work. I would suggest putting the hook a hair closer maybe 7/8" instead of 1". The bracket in my car seems a little shorter than yours...

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boy at 1" my cargo retainer is pretty much touching my grocery bag hooks. not sure 7/8" would work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is the net very stretchy? I run heavy equipment for work and I keep one of those big plastic containers in my trunk to store my PPE and grease gun. Was thinking of getting the net to hold it tight against the bumper so I wont have to worry about it falling over.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Is the net very stretchy? I run heavy equipment for work and I keep one of those big plastic containers in my trunk to store my PPE and grease gun. Was thinking of getting the net to hold it tight against the bumper so I wont have to worry about it falling over.
I had stolen one from a Cobalt Rental Car and I kept my Sonata net and use two as a net sandwich. Even with that setup there are no bottom hooks for the net (the Nets have them, the Car doesn't). If you fill up your trunk with some small boxes and a suitcase or just about anything else, whatever you have in the Trunk should be safe. However you don't want a heavy item slamming into the bumper because you know it will mess up the rear lighting or the trunk latch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah it's nothing heavy. Some gum boots, some steel toes, hard hat, gloves and a grease gun. Was thinking of having a 2nd one for garbage as well. Sucks avout the no bottom brackets. Might have to make my own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
this shows for the sedan .. is there a different part # for the hatchback??

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I wish they implemented bottom mount points like in other cars I've seen. So the net isn't just flopping around with stuff getting all tangled in it.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I wish they implemented bottom mount points like in other cars I've seen. So the net isn't just flopping around with stuff getting all tangled in it.
Yes both my post #8, and #9 speak about the lack of bottom hooks
sorry I didn?t realize, I was reading through the thread while at work barring interruptions by the phone.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts
What size drill bit did you use?
Assuming you have the threaded hooks, take a bit out of your index just smaller than the diameter of the threads and holding the bit behind the threads, put it up to the light. If you can see the bit, go smaller until you cannot see it. That is the bit to use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts