·
Registered
156 Posts
Parts you will need:
All are GM part numbers.

Switch pn: 15853223
Bezel pn: 15853222
Connector pn: 12102900
(be warned the connector was 3x the cost of the switch and is not needed.)

Find a location suitable for you to install the switch. I chose the glovebox because it is hidden and close to the BCM.

I had to modify the switch because I didn’t want to spend extra on a connector. I trimmed the back of the switch to gain access to the terminals.

The terminals you will want to use are A and C. I soldered the wires directly to the terminals. The other two terminals can be used for lighting the switch if you want. It will light red as I sourced the switch from an 07 pontiac G6

Drill a hole large enough for the trim bezel.The retention tabs on the bezel should sit behind the panel without intruding into the center. There is a raised portion on the bezel that indicates the top.

Feed your wires and switch through. Push the switch in to place, it should click and be flush. It has a very specific location to make it sit flush.

Remove the trim panel on the left of the passenger footwell to gain access to the bcm.The connector is pink, the wire is yellow with a dark blue tracer. I used a scotchlock (even though I detest them) to connect one side of the switch. It does not matter which terminal on the switch you connect to the signal wire on the BCM.

Run the other wire to a suitable ground. Your switch should pop the trunk like the button on the trunk when it is connected correctly.

Re-install any panels you removed and you are done.

Vehicle Car Auto part Rim Wheel
Auto part
Auto part
Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery Wedding ring Engagement ring
Wire Cable Electrical connector Technology Electronic device
Auto part Vehicle Suspension Car Suspension part
Soil Plant
Wire Technology Auto part Electronic device Cable

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Great DIY thread. I use a similar method to operate the garage door opener from a dash button and "hide" the opener itself up behind the dash to keep it from being stolen. It also looks neater. The US Cruze doesn't have any blank panels to mount a switch in, so the glove box mount is slick.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Great DIY thread. I use a similar method to operate the garage door opener from a dash button and "hide" the opener itself up behind the dash to keep it from being stolen. It also looks neater. The US Cruze doesn't have any blank panels to mount a switch in, so the glove box mount is slick.
We're on the same track, Jim... I was thinking about the "dummy" button that mirrors the eject button on the CD player slot. Hmmm.

WRT to the garage opener, I have mine velcro'd indise the map pocket on the driver's door. Easy to reach and out of sight.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
FWIW, here's the DIY write up I did for Black Betty. I don't know why it had such a large font in the OP and I never got around to changing it. Our P5 has the same setup. These cars always seem to have one or two blanks from options or other country production requirement.

Cheap In-Dash Garage Door Opener

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Are those GM Part numbers?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Very nice!
I really would like to do this as I find the outside switch gets frozen up in the winter often.
Wonder if you have a P/N for the connector as well by any chance?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Updated the op with the connector pn. But get ready, cause it's 3x the cost of the switch and bezel.
Thanks! Ordered the parts today.
The connector was just a bit more than double the cost of the switch! lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Great write up! I actually done this today. Took about an hour and $10.00. I didn't use the GM parts, picked up a momentary push button switch at O'reilly's Auto Parts and a pack of wire connectors, used some left over t-stat wire for the run. I put mine down by the fuse box, to lazy to bend over and open the glove box!

Check it out!
Vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.