Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

How to jack back of Cruze without Z link

372 11
Hi all,

I have a 2013 Eco - no Z link.

Where should I put my jack to lift the car and use jack stands. If I use the jack point to lift the car then where do I put the jack stands because the jack is now in the way?

When working on other vehicles I can always find somewhere safe to lift from the back and then lower the vehicle onto the jack stands. Videos always show lifting from the z-link but I don't have that. I borrowed this pic from another post:

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

Thanks y'all. I always appreciate the help you give.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Nuclear Option
5,739 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2013 Eco - no Z link.

Where should I put my jack to lift the car and use jack stands. If I use the jack point to lift the car then where do I put the jack stands because the jack is now in the way?

When working on other vehicles I can always find somewhere safe to lift from the back and then lower the vehicle onto the jack stands. Videos always show lifting from the z-link but I don't have that. I borrowed this pic from another post:

View attachment 300282

Thanks y'all. I always appreciate the help you give.
For both front and back, I jack on the unibody and put the jack stands on the pinch welds.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Here is a pic of the underside with the car on a 4 post lift which would be good locations to put the jack stand at at. In the past I have put the jack on the fuscia circles and the jack stands at the red circle locations. The ones to the rear work but I have always wanted to find a better location.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a car up with jack stands under the pinch welds, once. The metal flaps folded over in one spot while I was under car. Probably never moved so fast in my life. I actually have ptsd from that moment and have trouble getting under a car now. I’ll do it when I have to, but one thing is for sure, no more pinch welds for me.

spring cups is a good suggestion, frame rails, lower control arms, anything solid really.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

I don't know if the center of the integrated anti-roll bar is a good lifting point ?
It will recoil some and need a suitable jack.. Jack stands go on the red circles.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Pls don't skip on chocking the front wheels.. both of them! (4 chocks go for 24 bucks @t Amz)

·
Registered
698 Posts
What are all those holes in the spare tire well?

I jack the front of the Gen1 either on the lower control arm rear pivot or the section of frame just behind the front tire shown in the above pic. On the Gen2, I use the frame section only with a thin piece of wood between jack and body to distribute the load.
On the rear of the Gen1, I use the spring mounts or the frame section in front of the tire. On the Gen2, same thing.
I would not use the pinch welds unless I have the appropriate slotted jacking puck for them.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts