Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have been a proud cruze owner for 6 days now. HAHA. I really love everything about the car. Got it used, 33K miles for $13.5k and I couldn't be happier. I do have one major pet peeve though. I hate that **** armrest in the center not locking into the forward position. Honestly, a major annoyance when your driving, but i digress. Anyways, i pieced together a little workaround for it that came out decent i would say. So here we go.

Time:2 minutes
Difficulty: Close to toddler
Tools & Parts: Rubber cork & a knife

So the console doesn't lock into the forward position. It sucks cause it always slides back on me. So we are gonna take the rubber cork and jam the slider into the forward position.
This is the cork i used:
Black Cylinder

I believe i got it in the trays of individual screws and washers at Lee Way. It was a few years ago, so i could be mistaken.

So from here, I cut two sides off so it would be able to fit into the opening better. This is what it came out to look like.
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Wheel Vehicle

The blue arrow is the cork. I jammed it against the raised rail on the bottom part of the armrest and a horizontal support bar on the lid. Because the rubber is semi-tacky, it wont slip out or go anywhere on ya unless you cut it too small.
The red arrow is the lever to open the lid to the center console. I was toying around and you can access this lever without the armrest being put back into the closed position. All you have to do it reach under the armrest. You'll feel one large flap. Its right below the lever. I realized after a minute of heaving at the thing that the actual lever was right above it. Regardless, it takes amount no upward pressure to release this lever, and you'll be able to access your center console no problem.

I know this tutorial seems rudimentary and kind of a no brainer, but i just wanted to make sure that everyone could know about it.

Have a good one everyone,
Ben

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No brainer? Genius lol, I haven't had a chance to figure it out and I've had mine all of a month.
Haha... Thanks man.... I was gonna try and jam the top of the lid and the armrest with like paper or slivers of rubber, but nothing was holding. Right before i was about to take the **** thing apart and fabricate some kind of locking rail, i saw that spot and said mine as well... Just glad it worked out well.

Ben

·
Registered
101 Posts
i had mine since june 2011...and im just reading about this now...genius man. i just placed a old broken cell phone. ill try n find

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Just had a loaner cruze, base model and it slid forward. So I believe they all do. Make sure your pressing the button upland sliding forward

Reactions: Merc6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.