Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drill gas door lock install.jpg Gas door lock inside view unlock.jpg Gas door lock inside view.jpg Gas door lock inside frame view .jpg Gas door lock open door view.jpg Gas door locked shut view.jpg Given the Diesel has 2 caps, one fuel, one DEF, and no easy options for a locking DEF cap.. and a prankster can cause an expensive repair with addition of inappropriate things to either, I found a quick, easy and cheap way to make the fuel door a locking door, with $9 lock from amazon, and less than 30 minutes to install. The location is 1.5" from bottom of door, and 2.5" from outer door edge, hole is 3/4" for the lock, the frame side rectangle hole is formed by 3 - 1/4" holes drilled in line, and filed out with a file. All the holes are in plastic, so easy and no need to worry about preserving from rust. I used the lock striker to mark the location for the frame side hole, basically shut the door, try to lock and move the door in and out slightly, the metal will leave a nice mark on the plastic and let you know where to drill on the frame side.

Here is the lock I used:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NOD4VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
7,928 Posts
Where does that slot go to? I'd be concerned about rain collecting in that area and then getting dumped into the padding on the interior instead of draining properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts